Was this as good/better than Lennon 8 years later??

I'm not sure what you mean here...but this is one of the greatest love songs of all time.

Pre-Whole Love, my most listened to record of the year was the McCartney re-issue, I kinda love that album even the instrumentals. Then again I'm enough of a Sir Paul diehard, that Wings Wild Life is in my most played albums on iTunes. I have sat through Give My Regards to Broadstreet four times, and twice I kinda enjoyed it.

I just think it is so beautiful and also WAY ahead of its time. Whatever that means

I agree.

There were a lot of little gems on McCartney's first solo record.

I guess Im just saying in comparison to all those great love songs on Double Fantasy

I guess I have to come clean here that I feel John went right off the rails after Imagine.

I know that this song isn't from this album, but Band on the Run stands up next to just about anything in the Beatles' catalog.

So, not surprised to say that yes, "Maybe I'm Amazed" is all that.

I think that Maybe I'm Amazed is the only Mc solo/Wings song I like. However, there are several Len solo songs that I like. One or two more than MIA...Jealous Guy for example.

Have you ever listened to anything from Band on the Run, other than the title cut?

Seriously... I find it hard to believe that you could make that statement without having listened to it.

Of course, to each their own and all, but you could be missing out on something pretty amazing.

(And, on the album he does not do that cheezy vocal ad libbing like he does at the beginning of the song.)

Have you ever listened to anything from Band on the Run, other than the title cut?

Seriously... I find it hard to believe that you could make that statement without having listened to it.

Great album indeed, and no matter how overplayed the title cut is on the radio, it's hard to deny it's awesomeness.

Yes, I have. In fact I actually own the CD (or maybe cassette?). I went thru a huge Beatles and Beatle-related music obsession in the early 1990s where I absorbed everything (even Ringo solo records ...ugggg). We might have to just agree to disagree on this one. BotR doesn't work for me, for whatever reason. I have never been a 'Paul Guy' anyway. I put Lennon and Harrison songs generally above all Paul Beatle tunes, as well. I once made a mixtape for a friend of my favorite Beatle songs and I realized afterwards there were no Paul songs! LOL. Totally unconscious!

Of Fab Four solo records, I rank top 5 as follows:

1. All Things Must Pass

2. Plastic Ono Band

3. Imagine

4. Living in the Material World

5. McCartney

My rankings (today):

All Things Must Pass/Band on the Run

Imagine

Plastic Ono Band

Double Fantasy

McCartney

Brainwashed might have been on there, if not for Lynne's heavy hand.

McCartney's Unplugged Session is pretty darn good too. I remember reading an article in Guitar Player once that said McCartney and Eric Clapton were the only two artists who actually performed entirely unplugged for the series.

Stevie Ray Vaughn did, too.

And he was freaking amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esHVE53zSms

I'd probably rank "All Things Must Pass" as the best post-Beatles records, though Harrioson had been accumulating most of the songs for years.

I'm a huge Paul fan (including Wings), so I think his post-Beatles work in general is the superior of the group. I have a personal love for Back To The Egg...an album that might as well not have been released, 'cause it's hardly ever mentioned. While certainly not on par with "McCartney" or "Ram", I think it's a very energetic, gutsy record.

To the basis of the thread, "Maybe I'm Amazed" is at least as good as anything Lennon did post-Beatles.