"Jesus, Etc."

"A Shot in the Arm"

Encore:

"Via Chicago"

"Whole Love"

"The Late Greats"

"War on War"

That's 19 songs.

I'm not expecting Springsteen length shows...but this seems to be a bit shy.

When they rolled through Dallas in 2007, they played 25 songs supporting a lesser record. And it wasn't because didn't have an opening act that show. Dr. Dog opened and played a normal opening set.

I don't know what to really think. I paid double what I payed in 2007 for the show coming up in Dallas. I'm excited for the show (everything I've heard from shows I've BT's are outstanding), but there is the beginning of an uncomfortable thought forming...

eh, the last set they played in the states was 24 songs, the show before was 26.

i'm sure their setlists are a bit "safer" overseas because they don't have as big of a fan base and they stick to more traditional sets.

i'd be very surprised if they played 19 song shows when they come back in the winter

I agree, they will be back to longer set lists in the states. Hoping for "Evening with" types shows in Chicago especially. Nick Lowe only supports through the Civic Opera show.

Comments that they made in Boston make it seem as though won't ever do the "evening with" length shows again (ie: 37-40 songs per night), but im sure they'll be playing 25-30 at their chicago shows in december

Just returned from the second London show - a couple extra songs than night one (21) but same length show at roughly 1 hour 45 mins.

The best bit for me though was redefining the standard setlist - NO Jesus Etc, ITMWLY nor Handshake Drugs.

This ever happened before? I can't recall it.