Dallas Music Hall

For those of you not familiar with the Dallas Music Hall, I've got to say this is a REALLY odd venue for Wilco to be playing.

It is an art deco MUSIC HALL in the classic sense of the word.

It is the home of the Dallas Summer Musicals, Dallas Pops and the one off Comedian Gig. Yeah, the Doors and Hendrix played there in the late 60's...but I really can't remember the last rock show there. (Looks like Joe Bonamassa played there earlier this year).

The next events there after the Wilco show are:

The DFW Association of Black Journalists

30th Anniversary Scholarship Gala

Celebrating 30 Years of Achievement, Advancement & Advocacy

featuring Soledad O'Brian

A CHRISTMAS CAROL

starring George Wendt, Tatum O'Neal, Reginald VelJohnson

& Charles Martin Smith

It is a great venue as far as acoustics, but it just seems odd.

It is a larger venue than the Palladium and smaller than the Nokia theater (Where MMJ will be playing in December).

Maybe it is the tweener hall. The moved from the Deep Ellum Clubs to the Granada Theater to the Palladium to The Music Hall.

Maybe it makes sense.

That doesn't seem like an odd venue for them to play. I've seen them at similar venues multiple times. The Fox in Atlanta, Tennessee Theater in Knoxville, etc.

Maybe so.

I just can't get the picture out of my head of people in suits eating at the buffet and then heading up to see "Wicked".

Maybe so.

I just can't get the picture out of my head of people in suits eating at the buffet and then heading up to see "Wicked".

I much prefer that over he image of fat slobs drinking bud light while cheering for moster trucks.

I much prefer that over he image of fat slobs drinking bud light while cheering for moster trucks.

Well...that Monster Trucks would be at Cowboys Stadium.

Don't think Wilco would go over well in that cavern.

I'd like to see the boys at The Verizon Theater (fka the Nokia) in Grand Prairie. It might stretch their fan base, but it is a great venue.

Well...that Monster Trucks would be at Cowboys Stadium.

Don't think Wilco would go over well in that cavern.

I'd like to see the boys at The Verizon Theater (fka the Nokia) in Grand Prairie. It might stretch their fan base, but it is a great venue.

Yeah, Verizon looks like a good venue. in Atlanta, there's nothing in that size range. We have theaters and arenas and nothing in between.

I like to see Wilco choose independent/historic venues rather than Live Nation owned corporate venues.

They seem to make a point of that, based on the shows I've seen. I can't recall them ever playing a venue named after a corporation,

That place is awful.

Really? I don't happen to agree. But I'm looking forward to the DMH.

They seem to make a point of that, based on the shows I've seen. I can't recall them ever playing a venue named after a corporation,

Ahhh...Jeff's pinko nature comes out!!! :lol :ninja

I have absolutely NO problem with that sort of decision. It does get people into some cool venues.. But I wonder where the boys will go if they need to step up to the next level venue?

Because I'm such a procrastinator, I'm in the market for tickets. But before I commit, I had a question and hopefully someone here can answer. Someone is willing to sell me their tickets that are at WILL CALL. They said they will meet me down there and give me the tickets after they pick them up; however, I'm worried that the box office will prevent something like this by scanning the ticket buyer in as he picks up his tickets, thus making the tickets nontransferable.

Is this correct or am I over thinking it?

Because I'm such a procrastinator, I'm in the market for tickets. But before I commit, I had a question and hopefully someone here can answer. Someone is willing to sell me their tickets that are at WILL CALL. They said they will meet me down there and give me the tickets after they pick them up; however, I'm worried that the box office will prevent something like this by scanning the ticket buyer in as he picks up his tickets, thus making the tickets nontransferable.

Is this correct or am I over thinking it?

Your over thinking it... as for the venue, i have seen multiple rock shows there throughout the years. It's a old but nice venue. Good sound and sight lines and parking is a breeze. I just wish it was at the bass hall in fort worth instead, so i didn't have to drive so far and get home earlier then one thirty a.m. :ohwell

Your over thinking it... as for the venue, i have seen multiple rock shows there throughout the years. It's a old but nice venue. Good sound and sight lines and parking is a breeze. I just wish it was at the bass hall in fort worth instead, so i didn't have to drive so far and get home earlier then one thirty a.m. :ohwell

I'm with you on that one. There was nothing better than when they played at Will Rogers a few years ago. I could have walked from my house if I wasn't so lazy.

I'm with you on that one. There was nothing better than when they played at Will Rogers a few years ago. I could have walked from my house if I wasn't so lazy.

yea Will Rogers is one of my favorite venues. I'm not sure why they keep picking Dallas over Fort Worth. The venues in cowtown are more suited to Wilco and if i remember right it sold out faster then any Dallas show. Hopefully with the Ridgley Theater remod they will make it a standard stop. I'm sure if they wanted to play Dallas just for name recognition they could sell both cities easily. Fort Worth convention center arena would be the most likely arena venue around here if they ever get to that stage of popularity.

On another note did Wilco or Uncle Tupelo ever play the Caravan of Dreams? It was by far the finest venue around here back in the eighty's and nineties. I didn't become a fan of Wilco until 1999 so never noticed if they did or not.

Is anyone taking the green line to get to the music hall? I have a free DART pass for work and the Fair Park station is right in front of the music hall. Then again, I question how safe leaving and riding the DART after the show would be.

I'll be there front and center

interesting little tidbit:

On March 29, 1998, at Fair Park Music Hall in Dallas, Texas, Radiohead debuted a full-band arrangement of "Nude" that featured Thom Yorke on Fender Rhodes and guitarist Jonny Greenwood on Hammond organ (or, more precisely, the Hammond XB-2, a Hammond synth, which can also be heard on early live versions of "Paranoid Android" and "Let Down").

:shifty

I'll be there front and center

interesting little tidbit:

On March 29, 1998, at Fair Park Music Hall in Dallas, Texas, Radiohead debuted a full-band arrangement of "Nude" that featured Thom Yorke on Fender Rhodes and guitarist Jonny Greenwood on Hammond organ (or, more precisely, the Hammond XB-2, a Hammond synth, which can also be heard on early live versions of "Paranoid Android" and "Let Down").

:shifty

I doubt we'll get anything that noteworthy tonight.

I'll be there. Row 12. I graduated from high school on that stage. And as far as I know it's always been called the "Music Hall at Fair Park."