FYI for those attending the Detroit show Saturday night. Don't expect to be on the rail unless you bent over for Live Nation. They have a Fast Lane program, yea what a bullshit name, and it is sold out.

http://thefillmoredetroit.com/faq

faq_question_icon.png What is the Fast Lane program? faq_answer_icon.png The Fast Lane allows first entry after door time for concert-goers and may be purchased at the time of ticket purchase. There are a limited number of Fast Lane tickets available for each show. Advisable for General Admission events.

Ditty - per the website the FastLane program is only available for "select shows" and I couldn't find any evidence that it was available for Wilco and I didn't see any evidence of it when I purchased tickets or when I've looked since. Do you know for a fact that FastLane was sold for this show?

I agree, I didn't see an option to buy these either although I don't usually look since I have issues with giving Live Nation an extra penny. I called the venue yesterday and the guy that answered said they did sell these though and suggested I call ticketmaster to see if any of these tickets were still available. Give em a call and see what answer they give you 313.961.5451

Ditty - per the website the FastLane program is only available for "select shows" and I couldn't find any evidence that it was available for Wilco and I didn't see any evidence of it when I purchased tickets or when I've looked since. Do you know for a fact that FastLane was sold for this show?

I know for a fact that they did sell FastLane tickets for the Detroit show. They probably took the option off the ticketing page once they sold out of them. Who knows how it'll work, but I guess we'll find out soon...

I know for a fact that they did sell FastLane tickets for the Detroit show. They probably took the option off the ticketing page once they sold out of them. Who knows how it'll work, but I guess we'll find out soon...

Q.F.T. I saw the option, but passed.

Who knows how it'll work, but I guess we'll find out soon...

I remember them pulling this deal at the MMJ show at the Fillmore in Detroit a few years back. Basically, big burly bouncers walk up and down the GA queue and seek out (i.e. repeatedly shouting at you) for anyone with a Fast Lane ticket to go over to the other side of the sidewalk where there is a shorter "first in" line started there. Nothing like a bunch of pissed off GA line-standers hearing this over and over again. I recall a very PO'd Ms. Yvon.

Q.F.T. I saw the option, but passed.

I got the option and struggled with it but wound up bending over and paying. We're actually driving in from Cleveland and my wife would KILL me if I didn't take every precautionary measure to get as close as humanly possible. I sort of looked at it as insurance just in case we get lost or hit traffic or whatever. We are still planning on getting there at like 4 or so. The pass also comes with 1 "free" bottled water (probably selling for like $8-9 anyway, OK, maybe $5) and a $1 discount on "house merchandise", it wasn't really a bad deal financially, even though I'm probably not going to be purchasing a Fillmore hat pin or whatever would qualify as "house merchandise".

Honestly, I actually think it's sort of bullshit too, I'm usually pretty old school about concerts in that the true fans are the ones that get there at like noon for tickets, entrance, etc. and wait in the cold and snow and rain (like we did at the Chicago Winter Residency - I think it was like 10 below!) and should totally get first crack at getting in. But it's going to happening tonight whether I purchased or not, and if I didn't buy, I'd be sitting in line getting pissed that all these other people are getting moved to the front. So I guess I'm a sell-out. I've been called worse. Probably today even, and I just woke up.

They had a fast lane type thing at the Royal Oak Music Theatre show summer before last, I didn't take advantage of it, and was still able to be one-off the rail, so I don't think it makes things qualitatively worse for us cheapies.

They had a fast lane type thing at the Royal Oak Music Theatre show summer before last, I didn't take advantage of it, and was still able to be one-off the rail, so I don't think it makes things qualitatively worse for us cheapies.

That is true. Most people find a way to worm up to the front anyway.

I have no idea what will happen today in Detroit, but at that Royal Oak show both lines ended up getting let in at the same time because one of the fans in the regular line complained to a person of influence. I don't think that's something likely to happen with a Live Nation-sanctioned perk, but who knows?

...so they lined up the Fast Lane program on Elizabeth St along the Fillmore and the regular GA on the opposite side of Elizabeth. Around 6:45 they let the fast lane people go up to the doors and in and the regular GA line went in immediately after.