fIREHOSE reunion...it's really happening

Awesome. Probably not enough to get me to go to that festival, but hopefully they'll have a few warmup shows in advance down here that I can make it to.

I wouldn't go to one of those types of festivals, but I'd love to see them do a club show. Hopefully a full Watt-style US van tour will follow.

Saw them once and they were good, but only played for about 1/2 hour. And they were the headliners.

Hopefully they'll extend their set a bit these days.

Saw them once and they were good, but only played for about 1/2 hour. And they were the headliners.

Hopefully they'll extend their set a bit these days.

I only saw them once, but I don't think 30 minute shows were the norm. They played well over an hour when I saw them, and Watt always does pretty long shows with his bands. I would expect some lengthy shows if they go out as headliners again.

I thought Mike Watt's album last year was more reminiscent of fIREHOSE than the Minutemen, but regardless, it was a great album.

I always thought Ed Crawford and Jeff Tweedy looked like each other.

The first time I saw fIREHOSE, the COWS opened for them. What a twin-bill. Whither the COWS?

The first time I saw fIREHOSE, the COWS opened for them. What a twin-bill. Whither the COWS?

The first (only) time I saw fIREHOSE, Uncle Tupelo opened for them.

How's that for a twin bill?

I saw Dos play an unannounced opening set for fIREHOSE. The only other time I saw fIREHOSE was half of their last song opening the Beastie's Check Your Head tour. I was so heartbroken to miss their set. Underage drinking in the parking lot, assuming Basehead was still on stage and fIREHOSE hadn't played yet.

the only time i saw fIREHOSE had Roger Miller's No Man as openers. and they played a cover of Sophisticated Bitch that was off the hook.

i am down for this.

there's a cool recording of a fIREHOSE show where the first 8-9 songs in the set list are all Who songs (i guess the Who was playing in town that night as well, and they had a little fun w/ it).

I am also hoping these guys reunite:

firehouse.jpg

I am also hoping these guys reunite:

firehouse.jpg

Saw fIREHOSE twice. Both great shows. Can't tell you how many times I would be surfing through a record store shelf, come across, those bastards and not see the U right away. Fuck Firehouse.

the only time i saw fIREHOSE had Roger Miller's No Man as openers. and they played a cover of Sophisticated Bitch that was off the hook.

Would love to see No Man.

And... is Mission of Burma doing anything these days?

I saw Dos play an unannounced opening set for fIREHOSE. The only other time I saw fIREHOSE was half of their last song opening the Beastie's Check Your Head tour. I was so heartbroken to miss their set. Underage drinking in the parking lot, assuming Basehead was still on stage and fIREHOSE hadn't played yet.

Right on - I was lucky enough to slip inside the Avalon in Boston during soundcheck and secretly watch the Beastie Boys and fIREHOSE jamming onstage for a good 20 minutes before one of the venue people found me. They were practicing Sophisticated Bitch, which they all played together at the show that night.

Right on - I was lucky enough to slip inside the Avalon in Boston during soundcheck and secretly watch the Beastie Boys and fIREHOSE jamming onstage for a good 20 minutes before one of the venue people found me. They were practicing Sophisticated Bitch, which they all played together at the show that night.

That's amazing.

According to SLicing Up Eyeballs (http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/01/12/firehose-tour-dates-reunion/):

fIREHOSE tour dates:

April 5: Harlow’s, Sacramento, CA

April 6: Doug Fir, Portland, OR

April 7: Neumos, Seattle, WA

April 9: Wild Buffalo House of Music, Bellingham, WA

April 10: WOW Hall, Eugene, OR

April 11: Slim’s, San Francisco, CA

April 12: Historic Coconut Grove Ballroom, Santa Cruz, CA *

April 13: Fulton 55, Fresno, CA

April 14: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA

April 17: Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix, AZ *

April 18: Orpheum Theatre, Flagstaff, AZ *

April 19: Plush, Tucson, AZ

April 20: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA

* with M. Ward

According to SLicing Up Eyeballs (http://www.slicingup...-dates-reunion/):

fIREHOSE tour dates:

April 5: Harlow’s, Sacramento, CA

April 6: Doug Fir, Portland, OR

April 7: Neumos, Seattle, WA

April 9: Wild Buffalo House of Music, Bellingham, WA

April 10: WOW Hall, Eugene, OR

April 11: Slim’s, San Francisco, CA

April 12: Historic Coconut Grove Ballroom, Santa Cruz, CA *

April 13: Fulton 55, Fresno, CA

April 14: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA

April 17: Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix, AZ *

April 18: Orpheum Theatre, Flagstaff, AZ *

April 19: Plush, Tucson, AZ

April 20: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA

* with M. Ward

I wonder if that means they're opening for M. Ward, or if he's opening for them. I might fly out to that 18th show for my 40th birthday, but I'd want more than a short opening set.