Record store day 2012 - April 21, 2012

Not all stores even got the Big Star LP last year.

RSD is very cool, but admittedly I have records from the last few I have never gotten around to listening to. Also some titles were still for sale in stores long after the day was over.

Any idea what the big draw is this year?

LouieB

I have not heard anything but I suspect announcements will be coming soon. I have noticed the crowds getting bigger and bigger every year so I'm sure like Christmas, things will start showing up earlier and earlier. I learned my lesson and know right where to go this year. But yeah, there is still stuff available from last year. I still have not seen a Big Star 3rd for sale anywhere though. Since Iggy is the ambassador, maybe there will be some "Raw Power" colored vinyl or something coming out.

I still have not seen a Big Star 3rd for sale anywhere though.

I too missed out on the record store day Big Star release, which was a major let down at the time. Omnivore, the label that released that record is now selling clear vinyl editions that they pressed at the same time as the RSD ones. So, if you're still looking you can order one here:

http://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/records/

Not all stores even got the Big Star LP last year.

RSD is very cool, but admittedly I have records from the last few I have never gotten around to listening to. Also some titles were still for sale in stores long after the day was over.

Any idea what the big draw is this year?

LouieB

Yeah...today I can go buy several of the Wilco eps if I were of a mind to.

Hi, could anyone provide a link to the list of releases this year? I think I stumbled upon it the first time I read this thread and clicked on the link, now I don't seem to find it, thank you, is there anything by R.E.M. this year?

The first post should be the link, I don't think there is a list yet but I imagine it will be soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So far only the T-Rex looks even vaguely interesting, with the emphasis on vaguely.

LouieB

Yeah, what's listed so far doesn't spark any interest for me either. The T.Rex release is cool, but I already have that record on vinyl and CD. Not sure I'm gonna spring for another edition.