Shot In The Arm

--------

Candyfloss

War on War

Walken

Red Eyed and Blue

I Got You

Outtasite

Order might be slightly off in latter part of main set but I think that's pretty close.

Loud rocking show, same opening 4 songs as Vancouver, same four final songs as Vancouver. On at 9.00 and ended just after 11. Crowd pretty lame as Seattle crowds are want to be. Jeff's banter moderate and moderately funny. Thought the set flowed better than Vancouver. But crowd definitely more subdued even though the floor was standing. "Bull Black Nova" is a complimentary addition to the intensity at the start. Band just seem to get better musically. The version of "Not For The Season" was fantastic. Seemed relaxed and in particularly good spirits in the encore. Nels slayed as always. Pat's classic rock star poses endearing too. Jeff's voice was just lovely on "One Sunday Morning". Wish I was going to Portland too. Oh well...

Orpheum in Vancouver and Paramount in Seattle were both built in the late 1920's and have similar layouts and great acoustics. Splitting hairs but would have loved to have heard some more slower and delicate songs. "One Sunday Morning" was a highlight in both shows. Can't help but think songs like "Sky Blue Sky", "Forget The Flowers", "In a Future Age" , "Reservations" or "One By One" would have sounded fantastic too. Maybe next time.

I was subdued by the muddy, overly loud sound. Not sure if it was the Paramount (I haven't been to a concert there in years) or what, but this was one of the worst sounding shows (of any band) I've seen in recent memory.

To me it sounded good on the floor but definitely loud. I know what you are saying though. Thought the mix sounded less clear as the night went on.

Order might be slightly off in latter part of main set but I think that's pretty close.

You had it almost right. Just flipped Laminated Cat and Shouldn't Be Ashamed.

So the complete setlist, as played, was:

One Sunday Morning>

Poor Places>

Art Of Almost

I Might

Bull Black Nova

Company In My Back

IATTBYH

Kamera

Impossible Germany

Born Alone

Laminated Cat (electric arrangement)

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

Whole Love

Heavy Metal Drummer>

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Standing O

Misunderstood ("reflecting off of your mp3...")

Dawned On Me

A Shot in the Arm

-----------------------------

Candyfloss

War On War

Walken

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You At The End of the Century>

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

I'm sad to see the slower new songs ("Rising Red Lung", "Black Moon", "Capitol City") get ignored in recent shows. It always seems like, as the tour goes on, they start pandering a bit and the shows become more "rawk." Still opening with "One Sunday Morning", though, which is gutsy.

I was skeptical about opening with One Sunday Morning, but I liked how the energy built throughout the set. I was standing right in front of John and so got blown out a bit by the base, but that's to be expected. Overall, great show! They seemed to be having more fun in Spokane, though. And the sound was better in Spokane.

Does anyone ever do the claps in Standing O? I did last night and think I might have been the only one. Sort of felt like an idiot. Crowd way more subdued than the ones I've seen elswhere. Band was great thought. I do agree the sound was a little boomy up in the back.

Does anyone ever do the claps in Standing O? I did last night and think I might have been the only one. Sort of felt like an idiot. Crowd way more subdued than the ones I've seen elswhere. Band was great thought. I do agree the sound was a little boomy up in the back.

I did at a Ryman show and at the Vic in Chicago - sure I was the only one at the Ryman and the wife and I were the only ones at the Vic (at least around me or us), but I didn't feel like an idiot. There is nothing wrong about clapping. Standing O is a great tune.

This was one of the best shows I've seen Wilco perform in sometime. A lot of it had to do with the set list. I thought opening with One Sunday Morning was great. It was great to hear all the Being There tunes in the encore, and Laminated Cat was a nice surprise. Overall I thought they were outstanding with good energy and Nels was on fire. I have to agree about the crowd. I was a few people back from the stage and was shocked at how passive people were to such a great performance.

Does anyone ever do the claps in Standing O? I did last night and think I might have been the only one.

I do too!

A special moment of the night was the crowds' response to Nels after Impossible Germany. There was a pause to accommodate the thunderous ovation. The last time I saw such an overwhelming appreciation was in Toronto. :guitar

First time experiencing this at a venue, where once in, GA floor is told to sit! Once closer to show time, they let you back on your feet.

And thanks to the Seattle crew for all the sweets in line!

First time experiencing this at a venue, where once in, GA floor is told to sit! Once closer to show time, they let you back on your feet.

I think this is a requirement in Seattle, at least for crowds of a certain size. I remember having to do it at Bumbershoot in a football stadium.

(And I'm also a Standing O clapper.)

I did at a Ryman show and at the Vic in Chicago - sure I was the only one at the Ryman and the wife and I were the only ones at the Vic (at least around me or us), but I didn't feel like an idiot. There is nothing wrong about clapping. Standing O is a great tune.

I did it at the Ryman too... and Atlanta... :ninja