OK So there are two Sunken Treasures??

There are also two version of Spiders (Kidsmoke). The album version but now the band seems to play a Jeff Tweedy solo arrangement just as/more often.

In the 2002-2003 shows they kicked a few more arrangements of it around as well, here's what they called the "arena rock" version:

In the 2002-2003 shows they kicked a few more arrangements of it around as well, here's what they called the "arena rock" version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxOAKSqNm68

Something about this version (which I've never heard before, so thanks for that) reminds me of that Saturday Night Live bit with Jimmy Fallon, Horatio Sanz and Tracy Morgan playing "I Wish It Was Christmas Today"

I strongly recommend checking out the (quiet version) that opens the 2002-04-27 Wilco show in Schenectady, NY. Great show all around, and pristine Soundboard with plenty of audience (might be a matrix) on Owl and Bear. And you get a very cool Laminated Cat as well as a tremendous 10-minute Sunken Treasure to close the show. I actually find myself gravitating frequently to these post-Jay, pre-Nels shows where Jeff played more lead. Very interesting period, different mood and sound. One of my top 5 Wilco boots!

Setlist: Spiders - IATTBYH - Kamera - Radio Cure - War On War - She's a Jar - Shot In The Arm - I'm Always In Love - Pot Kettle Black - I'm the Man Who Loves You - Ashes of American Flags - Reservations - Jesus, Etc. - Heavy Metal Drummer - Hesitating Beauty - California Stars - Laminated Cat - Red Eyed and Blue - I Got You - Outtasite (Outtamind) - Sunken Treasure

ahh my bad. yeah i think i used to listen to the seattle bumpershoot 02 show. it was an opener for whatever show im thinking of.

love that one

Yeah, that version is my favorite one too. I love the acoustic/electric guitar layering on it. You can grab it here: http://wilcoarchive.com/wilco%2020020902/shn/d1/. It's track one.

--Mike

I strongly recommend checking out the (quiet version) that opens the 2002-04-27 Wilco show in Schenectady, NY. Great show all around, and pristine Soundboard with plenty of audience (might be a matrix) on Owl and Bear. And you get a very cool Laminated Cat as well as a tremendous 10-minute Sunken Treasure to close the show. I actually find myself gravitating frequently to these post-Jay, pre-Nels shows where Jeff played more lead. Very interesting period, different mood and sound. One of my top 5 Wilco boots!

Setlist: Spiders - IATTBYH - Kamera - Radio Cure - War On War - She's a Jar - Shot In The Arm - I'm Always In Love - Pot Kettle Black - I'm the Man Who Loves You - Ashes of American Flags - Reservations - Jesus, Etc. - Heavy Metal Drummer - Hesitating Beauty - California Stars - Laminated Cat - Red Eyed and Blue - I Got You - Outtasite (Outtamind) - Sunken Treasure

I love that whole show. :yes

Something about this version (which I've never heard before, so thanks for that) reminds me of that Saturday Night Live bit with Jimmy Fallon, Horatio Sanz and Tracy Morgan playing "I Wish It Was Christmas Today"

i knew it reminded me of something and thats it. :yes

I love that whole show. :yes

Just thought I'd mention that this show is now up on www.sooutoftune.org. I'm listening to it right now and it sounds great. In fact, the selection of shows has hugely increased since the site was launched recently and the access issues seem to have gotten fixed. I'm addicted.

I strongly recommend checking out the (quiet version) that opens the 2002-04-27 Wilco show in Schenectady, NY. Great show all around, and pristine Soundboard with plenty of audience (might be a matrix) on Owl and Bear. And you get a very cool Laminated Cat as well as a tremendous 10-minute Sunken Treasure to close the show. I actually find myself gravitating frequently to these post-Jay, pre-Nels shows where Jeff played more lead. Very interesting period, different mood and sound.

Me, too. I really love these "post-Jay, pre-Nels" recordings. I especially like they way they played "She's A Jar" back then.