Jeff & Nels interview in Guitarworld

And I'm sure that it will come back around. In my experience, things are cyclical, and at some point I'm really gonna get turned on by the guitar again and want to make a record that's a full-on skronk-fest, with me, Nels and Pat doing the triple-guitar attack.

:badger

For starters, certainly it's a challenge for me to fit into some of the songs and be part of the so-called orchestra. But I find that satisfying, because I enjoy playing what I might term "potentially classic" songs. Periodically, I step back and say, Wow, I'm participating in something that I think really holds up in the annals of songwriting and rock and roll. And that's a great thing.

Nels gets it.

Haven't been on the board much in some time, and this was likely posted elsewhere, but what's with Jeff and the Hummingbird Jumbo with "Bob" on it. I had never seen him play a jumbo but now he's frequently shown with that and a Rickenbacker.

[Edit: Nevermind, comes up in the interview. Still he says he's had it for years, but haven't seen it on stage much]