Do they actually play songs we request?

I think it's a combination of things that determine what songs they will perform.

I requested I"m Always in Love for the Tampa show last night and they did it.

But I read recently that they try and do songs that they haven't done before in any one city.

In this case, they hadn't done I"m Always in Love Tampa Bay area since 1999.

So it's probably a combination of what you request, have they done the song in the area, and how many people have requested the song.

I also think there are songs (even on the request list that's available on the site) that they wouldn't touch.

But hey, I requested I'm Always In Love and last night I heard them do it live for the first time.

What other band will do that for you?

Wilco loves you and I'm a happy guy!

They played a song I requested, but it was an in person request so probably not the same. At the same show someone yelled a request from the crowd and Jeff mentioned having looked over the setlist from the previous show in the area (3 years previously) and not playing the song that night because it had been played last time they were there.

I suspect there are a bunch of factors that go into the setlist, the online requests are probably one, but not the only one.

I requested The Late Greats for St. Aug, which they played. Also requested I'm Always in Love for Tampa, which they played. I know others also requested Always in Love, so maybe it was a matter of numbers. But I requested Muzzle of Bees for both shows multiple times and they didn't play it. A crap shoot, I'm pretty sure, but it's fun to have the option.

From the June 7th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone:

Jeff Tweedy pays close attention to fans' set-list requests via Wilco's website - but don't try stuffing the online ballot box. "Most nights, there are things that cry foul," says the front man. "There can't possibly be that many people who want to hear [2002 rarity] 'Cars Can't Escape' every night. I just don't believe it."

:lol

Jeff took my daughter's request when we met him on the street before a show in New Haven and they closed the set with it: On and On. Tickled a little girl's (and her middle-aged old man's ) heart.

At Primavera Sound in Barcelona a few days ago they played How to Fight Loneliness, which Jeff said was a request.

At a show in London I requested Laminated Cat and they played it (but maybe a coincidence?).

When Jeff played London solo most of the set was requests, taken by his wife and children going round the audience before the show. I don't know if that's common practice for his solo shows?

From the June 7th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone:

:lol

At the 2010 Solid Sound, someone kept requesting "Shake It Off" and Jeff suggested that they "get on the internet and request it 10 million times...like this song" and then they went into "Cars Can't Escape". Apparently, one of us is "really good with computers" and stuffs the ballot box with "Cars" for every show :D

• 2 weeks later...