Wilco — 8/14/12, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg (Den Atelier)

One Sunday Morning>

Art Of Almost

I Might

Muzzle Of Bees

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Sunken Treasure (electric arrangement; no harmonica, but Jeff on acoustic guitar)

Handshake Drugs>

Wishful Thinking

Impossible Germany

Born Alone

Radio Cure

Bull Black Nova

Black Moon

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (acoustic arrangement)

Whole Love

Walken

Heavy Metal Drummer>

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Dawned On Me

Hummingbird

-----------------------------

Via Chicago

The Late Greats

A Shot In The Arm

(War On War was on the setlist after Via Chicago, but not played)

Amazing show and crowd, very small venue, band seemed to enjoy it a lot.

Jeff was talking about how they hate playing "those stupid festivals", but they always can't say no because they pay them so well.

One Sunday Morning>

Art Of Almost

I Might

Muzzle Of Bees

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Sunken Treasure (electric arrangement; no harmonica, but Jeff on acoustic guitar)

Handshake Drugs>

Wishful Thinking

Impossible Germany

Born Alone

Radio Cure

Bull Black Nova

Black Moon

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (acoustic arrangement)

Whole Love

Walken

Heavy Metal Drummer>

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Dawned On Me

Hummingbird

-----------------------------

Via Chicago

The Late Greats

A Shot In The Arm

(War On War was on the setlist after Via Chicago, but not played)

Amazing show and crowd, very small venue, band seemed to enjoy it a lot.

Jeff was talking about how they hate playing "those stupid festivals", but they always can't say no because they pay them so well.

Thanks for the report (and excellent setlist "style," might I add)! This was the one show on this little European run that I was sad to have to miss. Glad to hear it was a fun one. I totally get why they play so many festivals, of course (and I would imagine they'd have to pay them very well to get them to do three festivals in three different countries in three days ... basically twice, no less) but it's of course almost always best to see the band in a smallish indoor venue. :thumbup

Hopefully we'll hear a little bit from samuel70, who I believe was also in attendance... :wave

Sunken Treasure + Handshake>Wishful is a nice little trifecta... :dance

Hey 23 songs for a festival set ain't too shabby...and you got the great "Bull Black Nova"!!!- thus signaling the return of songs from "Wilco (The Album)" at long, longer, longest last...though this is the first European set list we've seen thus far...

Hey 23 songs for a festival set ain't too shabby...

If I'm not mistaken, this was the lone non-festival date on this little Euro run. A 23-song set at a fest wouldn't just not be shabby, but would be longer than most outright shows the band played prior to the last four or five years. :ninja

If I'm not mistaken, this was the lone non-festival date on this little Euro run. A 23-song set at a fest wouldn't just not be shabby, but would be longer than most outright shows the band played prior to the last four or five years. :ninja

Right you are (as usual)! The only non-festival date on this little European swing...so 23 songs now goes from being "Hey 23 songs for a festival set ain't too shabby..." to "You know they've generally be doing 27 songs and 2 & 1/4 hours long shows here..." ... I say that half-jokingly, as I'm sure there's wiggle room with how amped, or tired, they are, & where they've got to get to next (travel time, sleep time, etc.), etc..

Great show yesterday! I enjoyed it really much and danced a lot. :) The Band seemed to have a lot of fun too.

I loved to hear Sunken Treasure, one of my favourites, never heard it live before.

After the Show we met all of them, that was definitly a highlight, all of them were very friendly and posed for pictures.

Great evening!

• 1 month later...

Well congratulations little Luxembourg City, Luxembourg gig...you have just become the 11th official Roadcase Download

http://wilco.kungfus...-city-lu-wilr11

I haven't gotten the chance to hear it yet (downloaded it yesterday), but...I'm sure pretty much any performance from this tour will be at least very good/near great, or better...but...sadly no "new" (previously unreleased on other Roadcase Shows) songs this time & an especially short set list too...maybe they just wanted something from the European leg...still, always nice to have, rather than not...

Wilco

Roadcase 011 / August 14, 2012 / Luxembourg City, LU (WILR11)

This is part of Wilco's Roadcase series of high-quality live recordings. Each show is tracked, mastered and includes a digital image of the show poster. For more information on accessing your downloads, click HERE

Recorded live at den Atelier in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, 8/14/2012. Audio: Stan Doty & Warner Swain. Artwork: Jeff Tweedy & Lawrence Azerrad. Photo: S. Benjamin. Thanks to everyone at den Atelier. (p) 2012 dBpm Records

Recorded live at den Atelier in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, on August 14, 2012

Setlist

01 - One Sunday Morning (Song For Jane Smiley's Boyfriend)

02 - Art of Almost

03 - I Might

04 - Muzzle Of Bees

05 - I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

06 - Sunken Treasure

07 - Handshake Drugs

08 - Wishful Thinking

09 - Impossible Germany

10 - Born Alone

11 - Black Moon

12 - Spiders (Kidsmoke)

13 - Whole Love

14 - Walken

15 - Heavy Metal Drummer

16 - I'm the Man Who Loves You

17 - Dawned On Me

18 - Hummingbird

Encore:

19 - Via Chicago

20 - The Late Greats

21 - Shot in the Arm

The roadcase offering looks to be shorter than the set they actually played on the night. Radio Cure and Bull Black Nova seem to have been dropped. Hopefully it's just a typo.

Radio Cure is on it. Sadly Bull Black Nova is missing from the recording.

Radio Cure is on it. Sadly Bull Black Nova is missing from the recording.

I wrote to the good folks at Wilco HQ about "Bull Black Nova" being cut from the Roadcase #11 release (hoping that it was just an oversight & they it might be corrected & added to the download), & just got this response via facebook- "Unfortunately, we had to leave that one off for technical reasons. Sorry about that.". & from email, "Thanks for writing. Indeed, you are correct, Bull Black Nova isn't on there due to an audio recording malfunction during that song. We hope you enjoy the rest of the set though.".

So I'm guessing something happened during the recording process...so sadly there will be no "Bull Black Nova" added to the download...first time this has happened to the best of my knowledge...