Jeff Tweedy In NYC Area During Yo La Tengo's Hanukkah Shows- Will He Play At Maxwell's Again? He Last Did In 2010.

I know Jeff Tweedy has been one of the special guests at Yo La Tengo's annual 8 night Hanukkah run at Maxwell's in Hoboken, N.J.. I know Nels Cline & Mikael Jorgensen have been as well...anyone else know of any other Wilco members who have sat in?
I'm just sayin'...Jeff in NYC on Weds. for The Colbert Report...wonder how many days he's in town...because...the Hanukkah shows this year run from Dec. 8th- Dec. 15th.
I'd lay good odds that there's a strong possibility of Jeff doing either Weds. Dec. 12th, or Thurs. Dec. 13th with Yo La Tengo. I know they have the gig in Colorado on Dec. 15th, but...
If I knew for sure that he was gonna be there, and playing solo acoustic...I'd be down there & going in a heartbeat!!
These shows are always great...I went to one last year myself (the Christmas Eve show on Dec. 24th), & if I was in the NYCish area, I'd certainly take a chance & try to go, just in case...at the very least you'll end up seeing an incredible Yo La Tengo show!!!
Last one I'm aware of was Dec. 3rd, 2010 with an acoustic set that looks like he was the opening act that night...9 acoustic songs & then he joined Yo La Tengo for "Jesus Etc." & "Eight Day Weekend".
Here's Jeff's setlist from that night...the whole acoustic show & both songs with Yo La Tengo are up on youtube in quite good quality.
01 Spiders (Kidsmoke)
02 [banter1]
03 I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
04 Via Chicago
05 Gun
06 Be Not So Fearful [bill Fay]
07 One Wing
08 [banter2]
09 The Ruling Class
10 Sometimes It Happens [brian Patten]
11 Shot In The Arm

whats he going to be on the Colbert Report for?

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/colbert-report-music-week-michael-stipe-jeff-tweedy/

Although the article is a little confusing...it looks like Jeff, Mavis Staple, Sean Lennon & Stephen Colbert will all be doing a version of the John Lennon classic "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)".

There's a thread about here entitled "Tweedy On Colbert Report - Dec. 13th"

And here's the article I linked to above...

"Next week, from Monday to Thursday, each episode of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report will find the show’s host, Stephen Colbert, dueting on a holiday song with a number of noteworthy performers.

0000009474_20060920162439-575x186.jpg

On Monday, Colbert will sing with Diana Krall. Tuesday finds the comedian performing with Audra McDonald, while Wednesday’s episode features R.E.M. front man Michael Stipe. The duet action finishes on Friday when Colbert will sing with Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy, legendary singer Mavis Staples and Sean Lennon. For those who don’t mind spoilers, here’s the songs they’ll sing…

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You sure you want to look?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” (Monday) / “Baby It’s Cold Outside” (Tuesday) / “Good King Wenceslas” (Wednesday) / “Happy x-Mas- War Is Over” (Thursday)"

I am going Thursday night ...just in case

I would if I lived anywhere near there...at the very least you'll see a great Yo La Tengo show!!!

I'm about 20 minutes away .. it would be silly not to try.

I don't know, but imagine, The Colbert Report tapes the same day it airs...so I'm thinking Thursday is the best bet, but I'd say Weds. is in the running too...depending on how early he gets into town & how early he has to leave...since they have a show in Colorado on Sat. Dec. 15.

So Weds. or Thurs. ...good luck...

Very likely no Tweedy tonight either, for those hoping he stayed an extra night. Titus Andronicus just tweeted: "Tonight, every New Jersey indie rocker's dream comes true for @titus_ndronicus. #STAYTUNED." So that sounds like they'll be the 7th opener.

Really bummed there were no NYC Tweedy appearances around the Colbert thing