Your Favorite Guitar Players

Jesus how could I have forgotten John Cippolina? I should punch myself in the face for that. And Trey Fucking Anastasio? I'm ashamed of myself. My God, I've followed that guy over half the damn country!

And yeah, Lammy, Leo for sure. I guess I was thinking about Rock and Roll dudes. I gotta throw Betts in there, too. And Dharma. Jeez, this could go on all day.

You guys pretty much have it covered.   I could never name a definitive top ten, because it would be different in a matter of minutes.

Here are ten that I didn't see named that have inspired me (apologies if any of these have been named):

Mark Knopfler (EDIT...oops, named already) - - will throw in Reine Fisk from Dungen as a sub.

Andy Summers

Steve Cropper

Leo Nocentelli

Bill Frisell

Blake Mills (never heard of this guy until recently, as a sidemean with Fiona Apple, and was wildly impressed with his playing)

Jesse Ed Davis

Mary Timony

Ash Bowie

Mick Ronson (EDIT...oops, named already) - - will throw in East Bay Ray from Dead Kennedys as a sub.

I cannot believe that I am still the only one to mention Quine.

Damn.

You guys pretty much have it covered.   I could never name a definitive top ten, because it would be different in a matter of minutes.

Here are ten that I didn't see named that have inspired me (apologies if any of these have been named):

Ash Bowie

good call...also tough to omit Dave Brylawski.

one name which i should have also listed is the incredible Michio Kurihara.

I cannot believe that I am still the only one to mention Quine.

Damn.

only because i hadn't checked out this thread et.  I'm with you on Quine.  The way my brain works, technical proficiency isn't a criteria, nor is the body of work. if someone has only one record that moves me, if it moves me enough, he's on.   Quine gets on the list by virtue of "Waves of Fear" alone. 

of the top of my head,

Others not mentioned that do it for me are:

Louris (Hollywood Town Hall)

Mercer/Million  (can't untangle these two)

Maybelle Carter

Brian Setzer

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Eddie Van Halen. He was top of the heap for a while back there in the 70s...guess he has really soiled his legacy over the years...

Suites did, but he called him Edward.