Yesterday, I picked up all of these for a total of $6:

• The Replacements - Don't Sell or Buy, It's Crap

• Los Lobos - The Neighborhood

• Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Ave., Vol. 2

• The Amps - Pacer

• Del Amitri - Twisted

• Fatboy Slim - Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars

Great day.

Most excited about that Amps record. I loved it back in the day, but lost it in a flood a few years back. So happy to have it again.

Oh, and that Replacements thing is an EP that came out around the time of All Shook Down. It has "When It Began" and then a bunch of sloppy-ass outtakes and a cover of "Like a Rolling Stone" called "Like a Rolling Pin". Typical. Not brilliant, but still somehow awesome.

I never seem to find those kind of deals. I drove an hour to a guys house to look through his huge vinyl collection that was for sale. I don't think he had anything under $20 in there.

These are CDs Mr. Heartbreak is talking about I think.  Not even half price books would put these LPs on sale for that little money.  If they ARE LPs we should all be extremely jealous.

LouieB

These are CDs Mr. Heartbreak is talking about I think.  Not even half price books would put these LPs on sale for that little money.  If they ARE LPs we should all be extremely jealous.

LouieB

Nope. Just CDs.

Oh, and that Replacements thing is an EP that came out around the time of All Shook Down. It has "When It Began" and then a bunch of sloppy-ass outtakes and a cover of "Like a Rolling Stone" called "Like a Rolling Pin". Typical. Not brilliant, but still somehow awesome.

Ugh. Been looking for that for ages. I think I have mp3s of all the tracks, but it'd be nice to have the proper album/cd. Good find.

Ugh. Been looking for that for ages. I think I have mp3s of all the tracks, but it'd be nice to have the proper album/cd. Good find.

Yeah. Looking for images for the mp3s I ripped to my iTunes, and I saw the prices that it's going for on Amazon—$70.00 new, $20.00 used. Not bad at all.

I've had that kind of luck a couple of times. Also found THIS DISC in a bargain bin about 15 years back. $2, if I remember correctly. Japanese import bargain bin at the late Tower Records on Clark in Chicago.

I never seem to find those kind of deals. I drove an hour to a guys house to look through his huge vinyl collection that was for sale. I don't think he had anything under $20 in there.

20 bucks? Thats ridiculous. Normally I dont pay more that a buck for vinyl at garage and estate sales.

20 bucks? Thats ridiculous. Normally I dont pay more that a buck for vinyl at garage and estate sales.

I agree. Especially with the ready availability of the music in electronic form, I think that you'll probably see those collector's prices dropping pretty quickly as the market for such things dwindles.

Nope. Just CDs.

Oopps...sorry. Mixed up who got these.

It is not unsual if a private person is selling rare LPs to charge what the market will bear.  Garage sales are people getting rid fo shit they don't want.  People with knowledge of their record collections and selling stuff off is very different.

LoueiB

Yesterday, I picked up all of these for a total of $6:
• The Replacements - Don't Sell or Buy, It's Crap
• Los Lobos - The Neighborhood
• Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Ave., Vol. 2
• The Amps - Pacer
• Del Amitri - Twisted
• Fatboy Slim - Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars

Great day.
Most excited about that Amps record. I loved it back in the day, but lost it in a flood a few years back. So happy to have it again.

when I was a dj at the college radio station i spun that replacements ep a couple once or twice.  good times.

• 2 years later...

50¢ each at the library:

• The Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen
• Tom Tom Club - Tom Tom Club
• Sebadoh - The Sebadoh
• The Housemartins - London 0 Hull 4
• Phil Angotti & The Idea - Flower Bomb
• The Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle
• Various Artists - A Testimonial Dinner: The Songs of XTC

Fuck.

Yes.

There are few things that make me happier than when I find a CD I've been meaning to purchase available used at Reckless Records.  A month ago, I picked up End Time by Freakwater (after reading about them on this board) for one dollar.  Does it get any better than that?

There are few things that make me happier than when I find a CD I've been meaning to purchase available used at Reckless Records.  A month ago, I picked up End Time by Freakwater (after reading about them on this board) for one dollar.  Does it get any better than that?

Yes it does.

This:

Yeah. Looking for images for the mp3s I ripped to my iTunes, and I saw the prices that it's going for on Amazon—$70.00 new, $20.00 used. Not bad at all.

I've had that kind of luck a couple of times. Also found THIS DISC in a bargain bin about 15 years back. $2, if I remember correctly. Japanese import bargain bin at the late Tower Records on Clark in Chicago.

• 5 weeks later...