Wilco - 28/03/13, Melbourne (Hamer Hall)

Tonight seemed like much more of a fans night, with more rarities thrown in (and a much more enthusiastic crowd).

Art of Almost

I Might

Misunderstood

Black Moon

Spiders (acoustic)

War on War

At Least That's What You Said

She's a Jar

Born Alone

Capitol City

I Must Be High

Say You Miss Me

Impossible Germany

Passenger Side

California Stars

Don't Forget the Flowers

Theologians

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Dawned on Me

Whole Love

Heavy Metal Drummer

Hate it Here

Monday

Outtasite (Outtamind)

Via Chicago and New Madrid (!!!!) were on the setlist as the first two songs of the encore but not played. Hopefully New Madrid will make an appearance in Sydney.

What a great show! And my request of I Must Be High got played tonight, so happy! I think I actually requested Say You Miss Me too. 

Paul Dempsey was in the second row in front of me. I thought I was tall,but he eclipses me! He was well into it, and was one of the first to stand up to applaud Nels after Impossible Germany.

Very excited for Sydney next week!

You must have been near me. I actually ended up asking with a couple of people if they were you, but no luck! Will have to catch up in Sydney. I ended up meeting a couple of others who are going and keen for a pre/post show drink. Maybe organise a time and location for anyone who is in Sydney and wants to meet up?

I was actually discussing with my friend trying to work out where you might be sitting lol, we didn't reach a consensus though. I am very keen for pre/post drinks in Sydney. Maybe start a new thread for anyone who wants to meet up?

Can't wait to hear your recordings of these shows!

:wave

2nd show was much better than last night!. full of rarities. i was front row center so had a great view. the band seemed to be in a better mood than last night. 24 nothings in Misunderstood if anyone's counting. not too much banter but jeff said they'll play more songs. jeff said they'd love come here more often but we're too damn far away. and yes, Hummingbird closed the first set. Charles Jenkins was also there in the audience. and to the setlist theif who snatched it out of my hand at the end, karma will get you

i got another shoutout :lol

i yelled out for When you wake up feeling old, and jeff said "hello froggie - i know you. this is the most dangerous wilco fan in the country"

have fun to the peeps going to sydney!

:wave

2nd show was much better than last night!. full of rarities. i was front row center so had a great view. the band seemed to be in a better mood than last night. 24 nothings in Misunderstood if anyone's counting. not too much banter but jeff said they'll play more songs. jeff said they'd love come here more often but we're too damn far away. and yes, Hummingbird closed the first set. and to the setlist theif who snatched it out of my hand at the end, karma will get you

i got another shoutout :lol

i yelled out for When you wake up feeling old, and jeff said "hello froggie - i know you. this is the most dangerous wilco fan in the country"

have fun to the peeps going to sydney!

ahh nice shoutout! Glad you had fun...you peps on the Southern Hemisphere deserve some good live shows once in awhile even though you are so damn far away! Rock on! :guitar

A really wonderful show. It's 5am and I can't sleep and I can't stop thinking of Wilco . . . . Very excited for Sydney and Wellington next week.

Froggie, was it not Australia's most notorious fan?  :)

A really wonderful show. It's 5am and I can't sleep and I can't stop thinking of Wilco . . . . Very excited for Sydney and Wellington next week.

could have been. i'm not tired either!

I thought it was notorious too. Also - yes the last song was definitely Hummingbird and it was on the printed setlist.

i dont mind being labelled as notorious or dangerous coming from jeff!

Glad you got the shoutout, sir! You are both notorious and dangerous, I'm sure. Sounds like another pair of fun gigs in "Melbun" (and quite a time to be a music fan in your part of the world). :wave :usa

Glad you got the shoutout, sir! You are both notorious and dangerous, I'm sure. Sounds like another pair of fun gigs in "Melbun" (and quite a time to be a music fan in your part of the world). :wave :usa

oh you mean some guy from new jersey? or paul simon. black sabbath soon. robert plant next week. all in "mel born"  :lol

• 2 weeks later...

What a great show! And my request of I Must Be High got played tonight, so happy! I think I actually requested Say You Miss Me too.

Paul Dempsey was in the second row in front of me. I thought I was tall,but he eclipses me! He was well into it, and was one of the first to stand up to applaud Nels after Impossible Germany.

Very excited for Sydney next week!

We were directly behind Paul Dempsey in the second row. When the audience stood he very nicely tried to shrink himself and squatted down, but I told him it was ok to stand up. Hey if you have to stare at anyone's back it might as well be his!

Enjoyed this show much more than the first one, which I felt never really took off. So over the insipid version of kidsmoke!! Make it rock and stop wasting my time! :)

Loved misunderstood and ALTWYS.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll check it out. I like Mega because it uploads really fast, but it doesn't show the files that have been uploaded that session (or at least it doesn't for me). I'll investigate it and reupload them if necessary (it might not happen until next weekend though).

I thought I'd replied to this - when I checked the files are all there, but I deleted tracks 31 to 34 and reuploaded them. Can you tell me if you're still having problems and I might try an alternative storage site, or provide direct links to each track.