I don't know you, Tracy, but I feel connected to your heartbreak tonight. Thank you for sharing this shattering news with your Wilco family. It was a brave and thoughtful thing to do. I hope you're surrounded by people you love as you absorb this terrible loss.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts -- it means so much to me, and i'm glad I reached out to my VC family.  I'm surrounded by many family and friends, and just learning how far Chris cast his net of friends.   He was a wonderful, complicated and caring man, and leaves a huge abyss in the hearts of hundreds of people he touched.

I lost my step-daughter in 1986 in a car accident.

She was eleven.

Just last Sunday, my wife cried in a resteraunt when she began thinking about her.

I guess what I am trying to say (and I am very sorry to have to tell you) is that the intensity of the pain and the black hole of depression you now feel will never go away.

My only consolation is to tell you that the frequency of the times in which you feel this way will gradually lessen of the years/decades.

It is probably the worse thing in the world for a parent to lose a child and my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

I hope that can find a positive way to make your pain and suffering recede over time.. 

I haven't been here much recently, but I had to share with my Wilco family the heartbreaking news that I lost my beautiful son Christopher in a motorcyle accident Sunday night. He was on his way home from a concert in Saratoga where I had recently seen Wilco with Dylan.  My kids, like so many of  yours, were raised on an endless Wilco soundtrack, and VC brought wonderful people into my family's life.  We have created a benefit fund to help Chris' three beautiful children, including a new 8 week old baby.   If you're inclined to help or just leave good wishes, you can do so at http://fundly.com/the-chris-thomas-family-fund#home

He died on Jefftivus, just another weird Wilco coincidence in my life.

Oh my god.

I can only imagine the pain you are suffering.

My most sincere and heartfelt condolences.

Lots of hugs to you, Tracy.