Your dream 7 song set

that is my all time favorite version of California Stars... I watch it all the time... I think he is just a guitar tech

"Just a guitar tech"...ouch

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Go ahead and critique. But here's what I came up with ... 

Misunderstood

I am Trying to Break Your Heart

Handshake Drugs

The Late Greats
Via Chicago 

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Monday

We'll be rehearsing soon. I'll try to get some videos of the show! 

Go ahead and critique. But here's what I came up with ...

Misunderstood

I am Trying to Break Your Heart

Handshake Drugs

The Late Greats

Via Chicago

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Monday

We'll be rehearsing soon. I'll try to get some videos of the show!

GREAT setlist! You're sure to make Wilco fans happy, and maybe make some new ones, too. :cheers

edit: I like the Shins as much as the next person, but this is going to be a massacre! Wilco! Wilco! Wilco!

A little late...but here goes

War on War

California Stars

Muzzle of Bees

Blue Eyed Soul

nothingsevergonnastandinmywayagain

Somebody else's song

Born to die alone

Crow, you should probably know the titles of the songs before making a set list.

Nah...keeps the rank and file on their toes. Plus, it's like chumming the water to see if anybody is actually reading these things anymore.

So...YOU WIN! :rock

in all honesty, i find the criticism of wilco (the album) a bit confusing. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a band, who is both employed as a band, and capable of putting as solid a seven song set together as the set i tongue in cheek referenced. sure, maybe wilco the album was wilco being tongue in cheek, but there exists a portion of the fan base so committed to some 'version' of the band they idealize. i find wilco to be a wonderful collective of musicians maturing together with one of the finer song writers of our time. when you think back on the way you saw the america of late 2008, wilco (the album) captures that sentiment to in a way that whatever your favorite record you already forgot about (the xx?) was incapable of making last. 

turn on one wing- bull black nova-you and i next time you return from a high strung anxiety ridden day of work that required you to keep a straight face. every generation thinks it's last, thinks it's the end of the world? who else on the left was making that kind of direct, optimistic commentary about the world in 2008?