Newport Folk Fest 2014

Agree too.  Bought tickets for both of the aftershows that went on sale today.  The Milk Carton Kids are a no-brainer for me (love them) but the other one is basically anonymous, billed as "Heartbreaker Banquet W/ Electric Lady/robot Fondue" (any guesses?)  I'll take a chance and I can surely unload the ticket if it's something I'm not too enthused about.  

I got the Milk Carton Kids aftershow too, but wasn't so sure about whether my friend would want to go two nights in a row. Are these things almost always a tough ticket to get? Like, do you think Saturday tickets would be easy to unload if I got them and we changed our minds? FOMO, you know!

I know, but we were talking about other bands performing and it felt like we Newport attendees were hijacking the thread.

Ooh, good thing I didn't merge the 2 threads then.  :twitchsmile

I got the Milk Carton Kids aftershow too, but wasn't so sure about whether my friend would want to go two nights in a row. Are these things almost always a tough ticket to get? Like, do you think Saturday tickets would be easy to unload if I got them and we changed our minds? FOMO, you know!

Oh yes, FOMO is the only reason I bought one :)  Unfortunately I have never been to the NFF before, so I don't know how much in demand these things are.  I'm also trying to figure out the timing.  The aftershows start at 9PM, which makes me think the regular headliners must wrap up awfully early.  Anyone have insight on this?  I also feel compelled for the Watkins Family Hour on Sunday, as a Nickel Creek fan, so I will probably buy a preemptive FOMO (on Chris Thile) ticket for that too.

Yes, the Newport FF proper ends kind of early.  There's little lighting out there, I think is the reason.  There WILL be lines for the ferries leaving the fort.  It will be one of the coolest things you will do though, taking a little boat out around the mega yachts where they leave all their lights on.  I would expect the aftershows to sell out, especially after lineups leak.  Usually, Deer Tick hosts one at a bar as well.  I think the Jane Pickens Theater shows are general admission.  I could be wrong about that.  Also, if you want to eat in a restaurant, get reservations.

Now that Jeff Tweedy is playing Saturday night in Maine, we know he won't be a special guest on Saturday at the aftershows.

True, but it does make me think that just MAYBE they'd play on Friday night (Freeport's not a bad drive up from Newport) or possibly Sunday night after the show. How, I wonder, do you find out which aftershow you should buy?

• 2 weeks later...