Newport Folk Fest 2014

• 4 weeks later...

The schedule's up. Tweedy will have 65 minutes. I'm kinda bummed - I know it's a festival, but I was hoping for a bit longer than that.

I'm sure Jeff will be doing some sort of collaboration with Mavis too though, so there's that.

I kind of expect the short sets for festivals, but ugh, the conflicts are going to require some Sophie's Choices.  Going to have to crunch some numbers and work out a plan before I go (Nickel Creek and the Milk Carton Kids, why must you taunt me by always conflicting?)  BTW, installed the updated NFF app on my phone yesterday and it will be pretty handy.  It's got a map of the various stages and lets you sort and star the artists you want to see.

I kind of expect the short sets for festivals, but ugh, the conflicts are going to require some Sophie's Choices. Going to have to crunch some numbers and work out a plan before I go (Nickel Creek and the Milk Carton Kids, why must you taunt me by always conflicting?) BTW, installed the updated NFF app on my phone yesterday and it will be pretty handy. It's got a map of the various stages and lets you sort and star the artists you want to see.

Yeah, there are going to be some tough choices. Almost every band I want to see conflicts with another.

I downloaded the app too. Should be very helpful.

Hey, should all of us going to Newport figure out some way to meet somewhere, sometime? I would love to do that, but I know how crazy it can get at a big festival with running from stage to stage. Plus, of course, we may be with friends and family who have other plans. But still, maybe someone has a suggestion? At the very least, maybe we can exchange real names and phone numbers so we can text at the festival.

I'll start. I'm Diane and my phone number is 757-287-9871. If you guys want to do this but don't want to be so public, we could set up a PM group. 

I am getting very excited about this--I'll be driving up exactly 2 weeks from now!!

Hey, should all of us going to Newport figure out some way to meet somewhere, sometime? I would love to do that, but I know how crazy it can get at a big festival with running from stage to stage. Plus, of course, we may be with friends and family who have other plans. But still, maybe someone has a suggestion? At the very least, maybe we can exchange real names and phone numbers so we can text at the festival.

I'll start. I'm Diane and my phone number is 757-287-9871. If you guys want to do this but don't want to be so public, we could set up a PM group.

I am getting very excited about this--I'll be driving up exactly 2 weeks from now!!

I'm in. I'll text you my number.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy!  I'm looking now, open spots that everyone agrees on in the schedule might be tough.  But, after Deer Tick and before Jack White, there are a bunch of good bands, but all ones that I'd be happy playing in the background while I chat with VC friends.