Live music tips for Indiana

Skip Indiana. 

I actually have been there (it was boring), but my wife hasn't.

Surely there's a college town that decent bands play occaisionally.

Maybe I'll go to Louisville and make a micro visit to Indiana.

I'm closing in on my goal to visit all 50 states, and I stilI need to go to Indiana.  What are the best cities in the state to see live music, and what are the best venues?

Thanks!

Congrats on almost meeting your goal! I reached my 50th state North Dakota just a few years ago!

Congrats on almost meeting your goal! I reached my 50th state North Dakota just a few years ago!

As of last week, I'm now at 40 states. ND is one I still need to visit. We're going to try to combine ND (and maybe also SD) somehow with a trip to see a friend in Minnesota next year.   We've decided to save Vermont and Maine for our 49th and 50th states. It'll probably be five years from now before we get done since my wife and I have been to a similar number of states, but not the same ones.

As of last week, I'm now at 40 states. ND is one I still need to visit. We're going to try to combine ND (and maybe also SD) somehow with a trip to see a friend in Minnesota next year.   We've decided to save Vermont and Maine for our 49th and 50th states. It'll probably be five years from now before we get done since my wife and I have been to a similar number of states, but not the same ones.

Although I was in Minnesota and South Dakota prior I combined them into a trip with North Dakota. We spent a few nights in Minneapolis, drove through South Dakota spent a night in Fargo then continued onto Winnipeg. It was an interesting trip. North Dakota wasn't bad I actually enjoyed Fargo!

The Bluebird In Bloomington is a great little bar/venue that gets surprisingly good acts.  Congrats on closing in on 50.  I've been stuck on 48 (ND and SD ) for 7 years!

The Bluebird In Bloomington is a great little bar/venue that gets surprisingly good acts.  Congrats on closing in on 50.  I've been stuck on 48 (ND and SD ) for 7 years!

Well, you're a lot closer than me to being done.   We're at the point where we're looking at concert calendars and such to find motivation to travel to new states.  We went to Oklahoma and Kansas last week, mainly to see Pearl Jam in Tulsa, but also to see some Route 66 roadside attractions.  Hoping to knock two or more states off the list every year so we can be done in five years

Good calls on those. I would add The Mousetrap (Indy) if you're so inclined. Very much a jamband and jamgrass friendly venue, with an outstanding craft beer selection.