Wilco — 10/23/14, Knoxville, TN (Tennessee Theater)

At Least That's What You Said

Company in My Back

Poor Places

Art of Almost

I Might

Country Disappeared

What's the World Got in Store

At My Window Sad and Lonely

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Should've Been in Love

One Wing

Via Chicago

Whole Love

Box Full of Letters

I'm Always in Love

Ashes of American Flags

Jesus, Etc.

Born Alone

Passenger Side

Theologians

The Late Greats

A Magazine Called Sunset

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Dawned on Me

A Shot in the Arm

Impossible Germany

The Lonely 1

Misunderstood

California Stars

The setlist posted is correct with one exception - Should've Been In Love and IATTBYH are reversed. They transitioned to One Wing from Heart. Also, the lineup for the second encore was similar to last night's Ryman show, with only Jeff's mic on. For Misunderstood, Jeff, John, and Mikael were on acoustic guitars, Nels was on dobro, Pat was on banjo, and Glenn played various soft percussion instruments (and they even managed to find a stool for him tonight). For California Stars, it was the same lineup with the exception of Mikael being on melodica. As for the atmosphere, the crowd and band both seemed really in to the show. The crowd was loud but not rowdy or rude, and Jeff was nothing but complimentary. Also, the Tennessee Theatre is an absolutely beautiful venue - the Knoxville crowd is lucky to have such a fine place to watch a show.

Wow, what a show. Hadn't seen them since 2012 in Memphis and this show was exactly what I wanted.

I still can't believe the 'At My Window...' and the amount of 'A.M.' songs. Nels really killed 'Impossible Germany', more so than I've heard in the past and loved the sans PA encore, although I was somewhat expecting another one (encore that is). They left the stage at 10:35ish with 20 mins to spare until curfew for the theatre. Either way, killer show. And the print, IMO, is WAY better than the Ryman one. Absolutely love it.

And the print,  IMO, is WAY better than the Ryman one two.

sounds like a fine time!

welcome to VC (first time i got to say that)

oh, and I fixed that for you.

Wow! This is my favorite setlist of all 3 so far! I had a friend or two at that show (should have been more but the ones who missed it were too tired from driving in from DC after seeing Slowdive. Their loss. I would have done both, even after a 7 hour drive back home).I am absolutely stoked about tomorrow's show in Raleigh. I don't care about the (second to) last night of the state fair, the wedding party at the museum, crazy traffic expected. I just want to get my bag of tacos from Chubby's (right up the road for anyone needing sweet sweet tacos before the show), and to get in the venue. I like drinking beer so tomorrow might be the first night I wear a Depends because if I get a good spot up front in GA I don't think I will be able to give it up.

Knoxville was good.

Nothing will probably ever top the Ryman shows that preceded it though.

Where I was in the pit was very strange. There were very few young people in the pit- lots of older affluent looking folks. Many seats were also vacant... it made for a sort of strange time. Not many people around me were very into it. The guy to my left just stood there and kinda glared then left halfway through the show. I wish that folks would have been allowed to come down and fill the empty spots, but they had security on the entrance and you had to have a wristband to get back in. Lame.

Very tickled that ALTWYS got played. I asked Jeff if they'd do that one. I was surprised to hear it 1st. 

The AM songs were also a nice surprise. I couldn't believe Should've Been In Love! Phenomenal. 

What's The World Got In Store made me cry. Really dug Pat's banjo playing too. 

Jeff poked fun at my Ryman enthusiasm on stage. It was cute. I was not about to have a heart attack, fyi. :lol 

I gotta say, they could do a whole set of the stripped down songs and I would be happy. I really enjoyed seeing how that evolved over 3 nights into the current set up they have now. I bet it will stay that way the rest of the tour. Also noticed some roadcase mics on the side of the stage- hope it makes it there. 

At the end of the night I played Rock Paper Scissors (best 2 outta 3) with a guy for a setlist. I won by going Rock all 3 times. Because why would you not go rock all 3 times at a rock show.

So great to see an old friend there, as well as some new ones, too. 

Knoxville was good.

Nothing will probably ever top the Ryman shows that preceded it though.

Where I was in the pit was very strange. There were very few young people in the pit- lots of older affluent looking folks. Many seats were also vacant... it made for a sort of strange time. Not many people around me were very into it. The guy to my left just stood there and kinda glared then left halfway through the show. I wish that folks would have been allowed to come down and fill the empty spots, but they had security on the entrance and you had to have a wristband to get back in. Lame.

On the topic of seating, I was refreshing over and over like I always do for pre-sale tickets - scored front row for the 2006 show at the TN Theater that way - and it put me back in Row P for this one. So I'm thinking the pre-sale seats weren't the best. At least that was my experience. Probably for the better as we had our 11-year-old with us - her first Wilco show - and it might have been a little loud for her up there.