Record Store Day tomorrow

Vintage Vinyl is kind of a dump, but fun enough. Was just there a few weeks ago.  They do sell LPs pretty cheaply though. Record Exchange is also a dump, but an awesome record packed dump which is worth a trip.  Euclid is still the standard for St. Louis stores, but no longer in the city so hard to get to and expensive in general.

The price on singles is ridiculous.  I got a Robyn Hitchcock thing for 9 bucks and thought I was getting a bargain. (Local artists Twin Peaks sold their single for 7, but of course they are just up and coming, not a classic or alternative/indie band that no longer cares what is charged.)

LouieB

I ended up with:

101'ers - Elgin Avenue Breakdown
Decemberists - Picaresque
Dionne Warwick/The Stranglers - Walk On By
Dresden Dolls - The Virginia Monologues
The Autumn Defense - The Autumn Defense
Grandmaster Flash/Stiff Little Fingers - The Message
David Bowie/Tom Verlaine - Kingdom Come
Happy Mondays - Pills, Thrills and Bellyaches
The Darjeeling Limited OST
The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

I'd never heard the Autumn Defense album before, very nice and a super clean pressing.

Still had grab bags here with Zeppelin posters, buttons, postcards and beer mats, a couple of sampler CDs, Dogfish Head RSD poster (gave to an online friend but I see they're on eBay for up to $40!), other buttons, stickers etc., all in an Alabama Shakes reusable shopping bag.

that would be incredible. would happily take you up on that!

Well, damn.  I checked 3 different record stores and they are all sold out.  I must have seen 50 copies of that album on RSD. Sorry!

The music history nerd/Elvis fan in me wanted a copy of the reissue of Elvis's first two recordings. Alas, I was unable to participate in this year's RSD due to a prior engagement. However, afterward I scored one of these, which were issued by The End of All Music in Oxford, MS:

Barry-Hannah-RSD-Release-FRONT-COVER-ART

I have the feeling that the Ork box set is not exclusive to RSD.  Generally Numero makes many of these and sell them until they are gone.  At over $100 it is unlikely to go very fast. Yea, there are 2000 of them and they are being sold on their website for $125. 

LouieB

i scored the Ork boxset @ Newbury the other day, along w/ the Bardo Pond record.

I was holding the copy in the Harvard Square Newbury Comics last week but didn't buy it.  I'd love that Feelies' single but can't justify the cost for the whole thing.

FYI - a lot of RSD releases available here: http://ltcds.com/general-information/record-store-day-2015-web-sale-2/

Just got the Ryan Adams 7" and Blitzen Trapper "Harvest" that I missed out on. 

I ordered from this place a few years ago, and two of the records came with dinged up/bent sleeves. They didn't respond to my email when I complained. I won't do business with them again because of that. I hope your records arrive safely.

I have the feeling that the Ork box set is not exclusive to RSD. Generally Numero makes many of these and sell them until they are gone. At over $100 it is unlikely to go very fast. Yea, there are 2000 of them and they are being sold on their website for $125.

LouieB

I think I paid 10 or 15 less than that.

The live Bedhead LP was numero too and the spare copies put on the site sold fast. Wonder if they will re-press it.

Well yea I suppose, plus they are doing replicas so that adds printing costs.  I don't deny that its cool, but I have bought so much cool stuff from them over the years. I know the owners so I have talked them down on some of their releases.  (I bought the 45 on 45 set for slightly less.)  I have hours upon hours of Numero records I have never listened to and more I want to buy.

LouieB