Wilco -- 4/23/15, Houston, TX (Bayou Music Center)

And I think it's been determined that the hootenanny Hoodoo doesn't need cowbell (go ahead and insert "more cowbell" joke here). The Nels/Pat dobro/banjo duel was pretty excellent, though!

Ha! I hadn't noticed that it was the hootenanny version of Hoodoo. That would have been funny as hell, to see Josh dancing around while the band was sitting in a semicircle, like "C'mon guys, plug in and rock out!!" :dance  :banana

I have edited the title of the thread, added more complete song titles, numbered the songs, and made other formatting changes.  Being new here I wasn't aware of all of the rules.  It will not happen again.  I apologize for ruining the Wilco experience for so many.

I have edited the title of the thread, added more complete song titles, numbered the songs, and made other formatting changes.  Being new here I wasn't aware of all of the rules.  It will not happen again.  I apologize for ruining the Wilco experience for so many.

Thank you. We were all waiting with bated breath for that mea culpa. :frusty

not sure exactly which ES it is but I've never seen Jeff play a Gibson ES-XXX that much.  Definitely had some hot pickups, as it was noticeably louder than even the SGs with burstbuckers.

really unique Wilco experience for me.  I've always thought the ideal position in this venue is actually not close to the stage (sound-wise), as you don't get to hear the mix from the house speakers very well.  I bought seats as close as I could for my step-son, so he could be close to the players.  Our seats ended up being directly in the line of Jeff's speaker cabinets, so the whole show I could hear Jeff's playing directly from the amps rather than as processed through the sound system.  It was incredible.

Yeah, it was an outstanding show. I didn't check to see if anyone was recording it, but hopefully someone did. Better yet, maybe it'll show up as a Roadcase offering.

The audience mikes were set up so there is a chance at a Roadcase release.