Beyond The Fleeting Moment: Wilco Concert Posters 2004-2014

There's a bundle which includes notecards. Not sure why, but I'm unable to post links via my work computer. Otherwise I'd provide a link to the book on the band's site.

I've got one coming as a gift. I was hoping it would have arrived by now. Wasn't it released yesterday? Kung Fu (if that's who's shipping this one) gets stuff to me really early since they're literally 5 miles away...

It is just a book with pictures of posters over the years. Each year is separated by a great pic of tweedy or the band. No cd. I just bought it at SS and flipped through it. Pretty cool brings back memories of shows which I like. If you buy one at SS they have a book signing by the band!

The note cards are old posters cut up which is why they are bundling them with the poster book. They make great thank you cards which I will need a lot of after this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I got my hands on my copy. It's a really nice book. Similar in size to a hardback text book from high school. It was really cool going through and seeing how many of them I have and also seeing all the ones I've never seen before. The Knoxville 2014 one is really nice.

A side note: It looks like the original package I was sent was stolen from my doorstep so I contacted Kung Fu. They said they'd send a replacement out right away and if the original one ever turned up I could just mail it back. I told them I work about a mile from their street address and I could just bring it by if that worked out better for them. They said no problem and if I wanted to I could come by the office and pick up the replacement and they'd refund the shipping. They said they normally don't offer that unless it was slow. I took them up on the offer. They were really great, I was in and out in no time. Very nondescript. I'd have never known it was there.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this threat to see if anyone else has picked up this book yet? If so thoughts?

I was given the book as a gift, and I paged through it once. It is a gorgeous art book-- heavy paper, larger format. It was fun to see the posters for shows I've been to, and admire others. The notecards are cool-- made from cut up leftover posters, apparently. I doubt I would have spent the money to buy it on my own, but it is a nice book. If you are a poster-lover or just yearn for more of all things Wilco, it seems like a solid purchase. I was a tiny bit disappointed to note that while the collection of included posters was put together by Jeff, the intro was written by the head of Mass MOCA. But that doesn't diminish the visual appeal in any way.

• 6 months later...

Just want to update this thread because I bought a copy of the book at last night's Atlanta show. It really is a very nice, well-made book. I looked through the sample copy last night and saw at least one great black & white pic of Jeff; so I'm sure there are other pics of band members as well. Now I just have to get lucky enough to meet Jeff, et al. to have them sign it. Probably won't happen but a man can dream.

• 6 months later...