Los Lobos..What do I need to know?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Will the Wolf Survive is exactly where to start.

LouieB

Robert Christgau praised the groups originality: "Their debut LP makes it sound as if they invented the style. Who did the original of that one, you wonder, only to discover that you're listening to the original."

• 5 weeks later...

The new album, Gates of Gold, is out today, and it's great.

I've been doing the NPR stream, sounds good, but can't wait to get this disc or vinyl going on the home system this weekend.

Ever few months I pick another critically acclaimed band to get into just to see what I have been missing. My curiosity has been peeked. So where should I start? Any must haves? What about their live shows...

I plan on purchasing Kiko, How will the Wolf Survive to start...good place to begin?

Have you given us your verdict yet? Inquiring minds need to know!

I've been doing the NPR stream, sounds good, but can't wait to get this disc or vinyl going on the home system this weekend.

Have you given us your verdict yet? Inquiring minds need to know!

I liked Wolf the most of the 3 I bought. All 3 I bought (Kiko, Wolf and Band form East LA) had some great moments..Need to revisit again. So far so good!

I was driving around with my kid and had XM Kids Place Live on - Los Lobos' version of "Heigh Ho" came on - kinda reminded me of 70s Satana (mostly because of the percussion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp9gtCseNQw

Also WXRT is still streaming a recent live in "studio" show.

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/live/

Ever few months I pick another critically acclaimed band to get into just to see what I have been missing. My curiosity has been peeked. So where should I start? Any must haves? What about their live shows...

I plan on purchasing Kiko, How will the Wolf Survive to start...good place to begin?

Just get Gates of Gold. It's freaking great.