A Magazine Called Sunset intro

I'm pretty sure the only time Wilco has ever sampled anything was in I Might. The intro is there on the demos, even mixed differently on one of them. I'm pretty sure it's just part of the song.

What about Poor Places? Yankee Hotel Foxtrot recording at outro?

somewhere on this board I recall reading about it.  IIRC it was one of the samples in an older electronic organ.  something like a 70's home version of a Hammond organ or some such.  the kind that had a few pre-programmed "style" settings, and this was the one for cha-cha or Caribbean or something.  

sorry for the massive lack of precision... look around on the board, you'll find it I'm pretty sure.

I'm pretty sure the only time Wilco has ever sampled anything was in I Might. 

I don't think this is an accurate statement. There are a few songs. Those birds at the beginning of Summerteeth…originally from something else? Right? [that's just one e.g.)

• 2 weeks later...

The might have been addressed already. Hopefully I didn't overlook it. Does anyone know what song is at the start of A Magazine Called Sunset is? It is only the first 6 seconds.

thanks

I asked this years ago. I believe we determined that it was the demo song from either the Mellotron or the Chamberlain. 

I remember also hearing it in a golf apparel commercial starring Phil Mickelson in like 2008 or 2009.

I asked this years ago. I believe we determined that it was the demo song from either the Mellotron or the Chamberlain. 

I remember also hearing it in a golf apparel commercial starring Phil Mickelson in like 2008 or 2009.

That's exactly it: the last six seconds of the Cha Cha rhythm track from the Mellotron:

https://soundcloud.com/nordkeyboards/chacha-swflutes-ul_ryfi-mellot