Blaming Snowden for the Paris attacks, indirectly, is weak. Compromises to national security likely have occurred due to his actions, which some people actually side with, but if the NSA and various degrees of the executive branch, DOJ, etc. could hornswoggle the U.S. citizens they're entrusted to protect by assuming they are above being accountable for their illegal actions, I'm sure they can find new ways to adapt to challenging/stopping terrorist ways.

It's ridiculous to suggest that terrorists already knew everything that Snowden leaked. If they had, it wouldn't have been worth leaking.

Snowden didn't leak it to help the terrorists.  He felt the citizens of the United States and the citizens of all countries had a right to know of the massive surveillance technologies that are currently aimed at them.  I think his conduct was justified and that he is a whistleblower.

Of course, I'm probably in the minority.  So, who knows, maybe one day Special Forces will catch him and you'll see him swinging from a rope in the town plaza.  You can take the wife and kids and take photographs for the scrapbook.

(ironic that we're on a Wilco message board - Wilco having recorded songs by Woody Guthrie - Woody wasn't a big friend of fascists.)

Notice: The following post is in no way a criticism of the moderation of this forum, only a reminder of its terms of use:

A Wilco message board that censors content, prohibits by rule any criticism of the moderation of the site, provides the members no input on who moderates the site and bans members permanently without recourse and without input or approval from the membership.

Notice: The following post is in no way a criticism of the moderation of this forum, only a reminder of its terms of use:

A Wilco message board that censors content, prohibits by rule any criticism of the moderation of the site, provides the members no input on who moderates the site and bans members permanently without recourse and without input or approval from the membership.

i am not sure what other message boards you participate in, but it sounds like fantasy land if those bolded parts are true. message boards are not democracies.

i am not sure what other message boards you participate in, but it sounds like fantasy land if those bolded parts are true. message boards are not democracies.

As my notice stated, my comment was not a judgment on the moderation of this site. I thought it was an interesting point in juxtaposition to the citation to Guthrie, who had some strong feelings about censorship.

As my notice stated, my comment was not a judgment on the moderation of this site. I thought it was an interesting point in juxtaposition to the citation to Guthrie, who had some strong feelings about censorship.

No one mentioned censorship until you brought it up.  I think it's great that Hixter has a forum to expound his right-wing ideology and desire to see all traitors executed.  Hopefully, Wilco fans who take the other side of the issue will be also allowed to post and call things as they see them.

I simply don't like seeing a tragedy like what just occurred used to score cheap points for someone's pet issue.  It's disgusting.

No one mentioned censorship until you brought it up.

That's true. I agree with you.

You had made a point about a Wilco message board and Wilco recording Woody Guthrie songs and irony and fascists (it went: "(ironic that we're on a Wilco message board - Wilco having recorded songs by Woody Guthrie - Woody wasn't a big friend of fascists.)"), and I was making a whole new, somewhat parallel point about a Wilco message board and Wilco recording Woody Guthrie songs and irony and censorship (it would have gone something like this if I had phrased it differently: "(ironic that we're on a Wilco message board - Wilco having recorded songs by Woody Guthrie - Woody wasn't a big fan of censorship.)")

I'm sorry for causing any confusion. I will bow out now.

That's true. I agree with you.

You had made a point about a Wilco message board and Wilco recording Woody Guthrie songs and irony and fascists (it went: "(ironic that we're on a Wilco message board - Wilco having recorded songs by Woody Guthrie - Woody wasn't a big friend of fascists.)"), and I was making a whole new, somewhat parallel point about a Wilco message board and Wilco recording Woody Guthrie songs and irony and censorship (it would have gone something like this if I had phrased it differently: "(ironic that we're on a Wilco message board - Wilco having recorded songs by Woody Guthrie - Woody wasn't a big fan of censorship.)")

I'm sorry for causing any confusion. I will bow out now.

That you were so misunderstood - on a Wilco message board - it's all somehow - ironic