Happy Birthday, Kidsmoke!

Thank you so much for this sweet thread, Leigh, and the rest of you! I only just noticed it. Yesterday was a frenzy of activity, complete with a lobster dinner, some incredible and perfectly thought-out gifts, and even one of those noisy and dangerous candles with inset fireworks that shoot 4 feet up above the cake and spin and play "happy birthday"! (Ours failed on playing happy birthday so we filled in for it, in that tinny sort of song...who knew we could all sound so perfectly tinny?!) No one's hair was set on fire and the Fire Dept. didn't need to be called, so I'd call it a rousing success.

Below, the flower candle after the fireworks had sputtered to a close:

DSC06633.jpg

And me planning a wish and drawing in a lungful of breath to defeat the blazing Kahlua cheesecake (my lovely daughter-in-law Mariela in the background)

DSC06634.jpg

Yes, I got them all out in one breath, so my wish will come true. (Not telling because then it won't.)

Thanks, everyone. Especially Albert Tatlock....where DO you find these magical videos???

Bring on a new year filled with that one band we're all so fond of..... :)

PS - Pictures were taken during the fireworks but the things were so bright that the photos are basically just a wash of white with streaks.