Wilco playing Rough Trade Brooklyn - 9/22

I know it's incredibly doubtful that we would see any full NYC area shows (Capitol Theater? please!) added this late/with this little lead time... but, one can hope & dream, as this info gives ammo/plants a seed for exactly that kind of thing.

Makes me wonder if it's a late addition because they're playing one of the late night shows around that time, most likely Colbert?

Good guess... they usually tape earlier in the day, no? Colbert would be my favorite place for them to show up in those regards!

Thanks for the heads up, Pathfire! And to all of you for the additional info. Managed to race to Rough Trade, and as of 3 pm they still had wristbands left. (You get one per record, limit two.) I was lucky enough to see Sturgill Simpson there earlier this year and can't believe my wife and I will get to see the boys in such a small, special venue. And the week before our anniversary, no less. Very grateful you posted this and that I was lucky to see it in time.

Rough Trade's Twitter feed did say there would be a signing, but as of yesterday it seemed like the store was still waiting to confirm certain details. They also weren't sure how long the band would play. Would it be half-hour in store show, a full set? (They can accommodate a whole show in their wonderful back room, so here's hoping for a longer show.) Anyone have any intel on that?

Rough Trade is a gem of a store. The staff are knowledgeable and kind and eager to chat about music and make new recommendations. I walked away with two copes of Schmilco and a new vinyl reissue of Kaleidoscope World by The Chills, which they'd been playing in the store. We're very lucky to have this place.

Unified theory there is another pay show different band at Rough Trade that night and their doors are 8pm. Wilco in my mind will play max 45 minutes....

Thanks, Remphish1, good catch on the later show. I just called Rough Trade and they confirmed that Wilco will be playing a 40-minute set. They said the band hadn't announced / confirmed a signing afterward, but the store's Twitter feed did mention last week that they'd be doing one. I imagine they'll do one if the schedule and store logistics allow.

Man I was out of the country when this all happened so it's killing me! May try to show up at the shop day of to see if I can get in, or if they are doing a signing just for that part...?!

They usually pipe the music through the store. If not stand by the door you can hear it alright there.

I know that it is highly unlikely but it doesn't hurt to ask, did any one end up with an extra wrist band that they would part with? Just scheduled a business trip to NY for Thursday and it sure would be great to catch this show while I'm there. If I can get in, I'll bring my recording equipment to capture audio of the show. Still need to finalize and upload my recordings from the STL in-store and night show but I should have those done soon. 

Steve Brothers