How Do You Do It Best?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like to fall asleep?

• Rain/water sounds. The dish washer/washing machine work in a pinch.
    • Ocean sounds (seagulls squawking, waves hitting the shores, debris cresting on waves, etc.)
    • Silence (the anti-sound)
    • Outdoors (owls hooting, crickets chirping, street cats making love, etc.)
    • Golf on t.v., a massage for the mind
    • Music (a 27 min. "Dark Star"?)
    • Meditations, confirmations, ritualistic mantras, etc.
    • Other

Silence. The only sound conducive to falling asleep is a light rain on our metal roof. A recording of it would be annoying, it has to be the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The fan. The Almighty Fan. I don't care if it's 20 below zero outside, the fan. There will be no sleep without The Fan. The only thing that will silence the box of crickets in my ears.

The fan. The Almighty Fan. I don't care if it's 20 below zero outside, the fan. There will be no sleep without The Fan. The only thing that will silence the box of crickets in my ears.

Oh mama, good one. There's nothing quite like the fan to fall asleep to, save for a baker's dozen of  klonopins and a gallon of gin.

I concur.  Real fan, bathroom fan, fake fan (sound machine), iPhone fan app..... whatever.  Gotta be a fan or faux-fan.

Oh mama, good one. There's nothing quite like the fan to fall asleep to, save for a baker's dozen of  klonopins and a gallon of gin.

I already stand corrected.