Best version of "I Fought the Law"

I was going to put this in the "I heard the cover before the original" thread, but I didn't want to sidetrack it more than I already have. This epic version is worth 2:15 of your time. The Bobby Fuller Four surrounded by energetic go go dancers packing heat should be required viewing. Kudos to the creative genius behind it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAprgEphm3A

If a video of The Clash tearing up "I Fought the Law" while surrounded by armed gogo dancers surfaces, mass viewing would result in peace on Earth.

Also, "Robbing people with a zip gun", as Sonny Curtis originally sang it, is superior to "Robbing people with a six gun". Changing it, and therefore influencing all future cover versions, is the lone black mark on Bobby Fuller's legacy.

Also, "Robbing people with a zip gun", as Sonny Curtis originally sang it, is superior to "Robbing people with a six gun". Changing it, and therefore influencing all future cover versions, is the lone black mark on Bobby Fuller's legacy.

The six snare drum hits after "...six gun" works perfectly, though. 

I've always gotten a kick out of the GD's take on it, though it could be pretty tepid at times.

I'll take The Clash's version over any other.

The six snare drum hits after "...six gun" works perfectly, though. 

I've always gotten a kick out of the GD's take on it, though it could be pretty tepid at times.

I'll take The Clash's version over any other.

Yeah, those six snare cracks were inspired. I love the image of a Texas "rude boy" using a homemade gun in his ill-fated life of crime, though. It was equally inspired.

If I could only listen to one version for the rest of my days, I'd have to go with The Clash.

Thanks, ya'll. I'm enjoying talking about this.  :thumbup

This thread has been misunderstood by everyone but Winston Legthigh. I wasn't starting a thread about what band did the best version of "I Fought the Law". I came across the "Go go dancers" video and thought it was epic and needed to be shared. I guess I should have titled the thread "The Best 'I Fought the Law' Vdeo Performance",

This thread has been misunderstood by everyone but Winston Legthigh. I wasn't starting a thread about what band did the best version of "I Fought the Law". I came across the "Go go dancers" video and thought it was epic and needed to be shared. I guess I should have titled the thread "The Best 'I Fought the Law' Vdeo Performance",

Welcome to the way message boards work 

Haha. I've known how they work, but I still chuckle at it.