Wilco Beacon and Ticketmaster

Have to say I am a more than a little po'd as ticketmaster is not allowing print at home nor is it allowing me to transfer my e tickets.  as I have extras I want to sell it is really annoying.  anyone have any suggestions?

also, Wilco, if you are reading this please avoid the Beacon and tickmaster in the future.  thank you  

Unlike any other TM purchase, I also could not print at home or e-transfer my tickets. Could only use mobile app. As I have extras to get to friends and family, I had to get on the phone with TM and have them manually change the delivery method to mail me physical tickets, which I have now received. It's a pain to have to do that, but it can be done.

so to follow up I called tm today and they tried to blame it on the band, which I find hard to believe.  tried to get me to use tm to re-sell my extras which of course includes a service charge for tm.  think its a big scam but have decided to just enter the beacon with my buyers and then according to tm, once you enter the venue they print out a paper ticket.

I really hope Wilco avoids the Beacon from now on.  much prefer the Cap.  also don't think they will be able to Roadcase the Beacon due to union rules and of course the owner Dolan is a big turd so there's that but it will all be forgotten once the lights go down and Wilco hits the stage 

I think it's an anti-scalping move by the band, or maybe the Beacon. I can't give them a hard time if that's what it is. When they played the Wang in Boston on the Whole Love tour, there were no tickets, everyone had to show up as a "will-call."  It was a pain for people going in groups to have everyone together, but again, that was an anti-scalper technique. I give them credit for trying.   

Have to disagree with any notion the band should avoid the Beacon.  It is one of the best venues to see a concert in my opinion in NYC among the reserved seat venues. I am fine with it if they play the Cap instead as you note as that is just under 15 minutes from my house and very well run but at times not always accommodating.  This is almost certainly at the doing of the Band as I have seen hundreds of shows at the Beacon going all the way to my first in spring of 1978 (Little Feat) and never had this procedure.  It sounds like anti-scalping move and maybe it needs to be tweaked and it does sound possible but Ticketmaster is another story and so of course wants to charge for that too. Sometimes when I buy Jeff tickets or Wilco (but not an issue with Chicago Theater) in Chicago my only option is will call and that is at least as much the headache if it then turns out I am not able to make it from NY to Chicago for the show. Glad you developed a work around and agree when the lights go down cares concerns and criticisms tend to melt away. 9 days...

I just want to jump in and say that I support this ticket selling practice. While not perfect it does a lot to fight scalping for many fans while only inconveniencing the few where plans change and they can't make it.

My friend told me that when he accesses ticket on his ticketmaster app on iphone there is an icon to transfer the ticket. Might be worth poking around on that, but I am among the androids so of no utility.

thanks sun caught fire .  I'll check it out and I've had many memorable nights at the beacon over the years.  just got kind of spoiled by the cap I guess., however, one of main beefs with the beacon is that there probably won't be any road cases as its a notoriously expensive room due to union rules.

Put the tickets in your apple wallet and you can send them to other people via text or email.

Not really a big deal and definitely a good anti-scalping measure.

I just wish I was informed of this when I bought the tickets.  I like have a print out or a hard ticket for my archives.