7 April 2018, Hamilton, ON (New Vision United Church

This may have been the best Jeff show that I've ever attended. (Sorry for the delay, but a one hitter wasn't the culprit!  ;)~  ).

The singing was great. The sound was great. The crowd was silent during the songs and robust with applause in between. Jeff was clearly having fun from the get go. Jeff laughed off a lyric flub during ITMWLY but it was still awesome. The crowd did start barking out requests during the encore, but that's not much of a surprise.

Some musical highlights for me were:

Vocals on You and I, Reservations and Let's Go Rain. The latter in which he evoked the crowd to sing a limited 2-line chorus. This seems like it will be a fun song if it is played in regular rotation.

Acoustic guitar work on Bull Black Nova and Laminated Cat were just about perfect. Born Alone 'harmonics' are always pleasing. 

After Hummingbird while Jeff was looking at the setlist on the side table I muttered quietly 'nailed it..' from the front row. This got me a quick look, and then a smile. He did nail it!

No setlist available at the soundboard to take a photo. Just the piece of paper on the stage side table. That was removed very quickly. I was hoping to take a photo of it. I looked like a football coach's playlist. The top 2/3 were two vertical columns and the bottom 3rd was written horizontally..

FM setlist was close except song #2:

Via Chicago

Nope ?  ( This needs to be edited. )

IATTBYH

Bombs Above

New Madrid

Lost Love

Hummingbird

You and I

Passenger Side

Let's Go Rain

Laminated Cat

Bull Black Nova

Reservations

Jesus, Etc.

Born Alone

ITMWLY

Encore:

Misunderstood

California Stars

Theologians

Handshake Drugs

A shot in the Arm

Banter Corner:

I think Jeff's first comments were after IATTBYH.  He declared that it was nice to be playing in a church and to quote as best I can, "It's nice to be be playing in a church, I don't think that I ever have. I'm now a Jew. I converted for my kids and wife's (Jeff word..) materna-lineage..  I think it's important to be on the home team when the shit hits the fan. And from what I learned in my time being a Jew: the shit is definitely going to hit the fan!". 

According to Jeff,  evidently the entire entourage was busted at the Border for a small amount of marijuana. Although the weed wasn't his, they all got busted. And now he's not sure he can relate to the crowd being an ex-con..AND after the rousing applause for the masterful whistling that brought Hummingbird to a crescendo,  he accredited his talents to the time he spent in the Hoosegow. This crime story seems like it might be trending in the Canadian run. And let's hope it gets even more entertaining than it is already. Jeff claimed that he was soo happy when they let him Ouut. ( Out: Canadian-talk, eh?). Also, he requested some arrest photos that he could send home to the family, because they wouldn't believe this shit! 

Jeff joked that because if anybody had heard a good song to their liking that they should call it a night. You know, leave now and come out ahead. And if you're still here than you must've not heard anything that you have liked!!  what gives.. 

Mind you this was Jeff that had a smile on his face.

Some funny banter before Theologians in the encore was a heckle for The Long Cut to which Jeff said you will be waiting a long time for that, like a few more years until I return to Hamilton. And the next heckle was for Theologians. To which Jeff said that seems like a really appropriate song for this location!...

Looking forward to a Roadcase recording.

This show was incredible. 

Joe

Seeing Ohmme perform for a second time was fantastic. I enjoyed The Hideout show about a year ago. Hamilton sound, vocal harmonics amazing. . Looking forward to Ottawa and Montreal. 

A couple other fun moments:

Somebody barked out a request for Living on the Edge.  'Living on the Edge' , Jeff asked? Is that a song? Someone replied Aerosmith. Jeff then asked who wrote that song and someone offered an obscure name. To which Jeff replied, Ohh you must work in a record store. I think you're in the 2% of people that I'd like. 

Jeff mentioned that somebody used the website to request a song Numerous times. He looked back and forth at everybody in the front row and said that he wasn't sure that he was going to condone that behaviour. But that song about being back in their hometown was the first song of the encore!

A couple other fun moments:

Somebody barked out a request for Living on the Edge. 'Living on the Edge' , Jeff asked? Is that a song? Someone replied Aerosmith. Jeff then asked who wrote that song and someone offered an obscure name. To which Jeff replied, Ohh you must work in a record store. I think you're in the 2% of people that I'd like.

Jeff mentioned that somebody used the website to request a song Numerous times. He looked back and forth at everybody in the front row and said that he wasn't sure that he was going to condone that behaviour. But that song about being back in their hometown was the first song of the encore!

Thanks for the detailed report, sir, delayed as it might have been. Funny about the border incident. Bands must have to deal with that all the time.

And I think I’m pretty sure I have an inkling about who that “somebody” who stuffed the proverbial ballot box might have been...B)

Setlist as played:

Via Chicago

Nope

IATTBYH

Bombs Above

New Madrid

Lost Love

Hummingbird

You and I

Passenger Side

Let's Go Rain

Laminated Cat

Bull Black Nova

Reservations

Jesus, Etc.

Born Alone

ITMWLY

Encore:

Misunderstood

California Stars

Theologians

Handshake Drugs

A shot in the Arm

I know SetlistFM listed this setlist but I still didn't think #2 Nope was played and I though that that was also one of a new song. 

Or was it the new Nope acoustic version?? I really want to know. Please help!

I know SetlistFM listed this setlist but I still didn't think #2 Nope was played and I though that that was also one of a new song. 

Or was it the new Nope acoustic version?? I really want to know. Please help!

I think Nope was played acoustically. Let's hope for a Roadcase to have another listen. 

Edit: You were correct, 2nd song wasn't Nope. I'll try to find out and post it here.

But the Sun will come up tomorrow and odds are whatever song was played will be very familiar and available for purchase very soon. :)

Cheers!

2nd Edit  4/14/18: after talking with the soundboard personnel I'm told that this 2nd song still doesn't have a working title...

One last detail... (aside from getting the second song identified).

While tuning before a mid-set song. Jeff applied a capo to his guitar and said this isn't going to work. This capo is too short. His guitar tech brought over a replacement capo and Jeff thanked him. Jeff applied the replacement capo and was surprised that it was the same size. To which Jeff said, 'it must be cold in here..'.  ;)