Wilco/Tweedy songs in St. Vincent movie

I watched the movie St. Vincent yesterday.  There are a few songs in it that Jeff Tweedy sings that I've never heard before.  I couldn't tell if it was Wilco, Tweedy, or something else.  Anyone know what these songs are?

The movie was worth seeing.  It's on Netflix, but I think they're taking it out of their lineup it in the next few days, 

Soundtrack lists Tweedy --- at first I thought St. Vincent (Annie Clark) put a movie out and some how I missed it...

I remember seeing St. Vincent at the movie theater when it came out - it was a pretty great flick.

Tracklisting
1. Everyone Hides Performer: Tweedy
2. Try Loving Me Performer: The Webs
3. Somebody to Love Performer: Jefferson Airplane 
4. Why Why Why Performer: Tweedy 
5. You Da One Performer: Ca$shizz Klay featuring Fingazz 
6. Stripper Pole Performer: Nyzzy Nyce 
7. One Toke Over The Line Performer: Brewer & Shipley 
8. Further On Performer: Bronze Radio Return 
9. Hard To Find Performer: JD & The Straight Shot 
10. Start A War Performer: The National 
11. Molodaya Luna Performer: Vechyaslav Samarin 
12. Shelter from the Storm Performer: Bob Dylan

Those greedy bastards made it so you can only buy the entire album on itunes, not just the Tweedy tracks. I remember thinking they sounded catchy when I watched that hilariously depressing movie.

Ah, so these are not tracks from the Tweedy album?   I suspected that, but I've never heard Sukirae all the way through and wasn't sure.

you're missing out!

I've been meaning to listen to it.  I guess it just fell off my radar.  And now it's back on, thanks to this movie.  I enjoyed seeing them playing on TV when it was new, so I'm sure I'll like it.

Ah, so these are not tracks from the Tweedy album?   I suspected that, but I've never heard Sukirae all the way through and wasn't sure.

They're not but I wish they were! I like the Sukierae album, but "Everybody Hides" and "Why Why Why" are as good as anything on there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember "Why Why Why" being part of the Tweedy live set during their 2014 tour.

And strangely, compared to the digital edition, the physical disc contains shorter versions of the songs.

No it doesn't...I actually went out and bought the physical cd and it's the full versions...