Jeff Tweedy — 27 October 2018, Live From Here with Chris Thile on NPR

Jeff made a wide ranging appearance on Live From Here last night, singing a total of 5 songs throughout the show. The highlight was an absolutely goosebump-inducing Hell Is Chrome. You can listen to the archived stream at the Live From Here website.

In the first hour he sang Some Birds and later in the hour Having Been Is No Way To Be (with strings) followed by a very pretty You and I. In the second hour he sang Let’s Go Rain. Chris Thile remarked that although it sounded like a happy tune, it seemed to have a darker edge. Jeff said “It’s a plea for the sweet relief of death, yes.” This led to a barely veiled sociopolitical discussion followed by a breathtaking Hell Is Chrome. Both of these last songs were accompanied by Chris Thile’s band.

I don’t remember a single musical guest on the show having as much airtime as Jeff got last night.

Thanks for the report, I missed the live stream. It's entirely possible I'm having a "stupid" morning, but I couldn't find the show streaming on the Live From Here site. The most current show is 10/20. But I did find a couple of the songs on the Live from Here channel on YouTube. Some Birds and Let's Go Rain. Unfortunately not Hell is Chrome. 

Thanks for the report, I missed the live stream. It's entirely possible I'm having a "stupid" morning, but I couldn't find the show streaming on the Live From Here site. The most current show is 10/20. But I did find a couple of the songs on the Live from Here channel on YouTube. Some Birds and Let's Go Rain. Unfortunately not Hell is Chrome. 

It's all up there now. Click the play button at the top.

Did he do Hummingbird at this show? I listened to the whole thing today and didn’t hear it, or mention of it...

Apparently when I'm in the middle of conference calls but also posting on the internet, I'll mix up Hummingbird with Hell Is Chrome. My apologies!!