he did make mention of some airplane dragging a banner and circling overhead... "Can't you see I'm just a guy with an acoustic guitar?"

he also made a joke when us photographers left the pit after the 3rd song, "Now that all the photographers have left, I don't have to suck in my gut any more and the singing should be better."

i know he played "New Madrid" and "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" but i didn't write any notes while i was scurrying from stage to stage. setlist.fm says he played "Impossible Germany" but i don't recall that one being played.

He definitely played IG because I was listening to the live stream, but they cut off the last few songs to cut over to Dawes so would be nice to see the complete list. Also, Jeff apparently made a cameo at Mavis’ aftershow at the (I think) Pickens. Anybody make it to that one/know what they played together?

Also, Jeff apparently made a cameo at Mavis’ aftershow at the (I think) Pickens. Anybody make it to that one/know what they played together?

setlist.fm shows that they played "Who Told You That" at Jane Pickens Theater.

She also did songs with Jason Isbell, Brandi Carlile & Yola, The Milk Carton Kids, Lake Street Dive, and Hozier.  Quite an evening!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mavis-staples/2019/jane-pickens-theater-newport-ri-339e04f1.html

Jeff was great at Newport.  

I didn't write down the setlist. 

Banter highlight for me was as he introduced Don't Forget:

"Oh what a beautiful day. Here’s a song about my dead dad"

I was also at the Mavis aftershow.  It was stellar - a real highlight overall of the weekend.   Jeff sat in on Who Told You That.  They had set up a mic for him but he didn't say anything or speak, which I thought was a bit odd ... also thought it a bit odd he didn't sit in a bit more given their relationship, but everyone was 1 song and out that night, and I'm not complaining.   

I have the setlist from Mavis, but can't figure out how to upload a photo here (copy/paste didn't work for me, and the "attach file" option also didn't work for me) - if someone explains how, I'm happy to.

Stirratt was at the festival too.  He was in the house band for the Sunday finale, but I didn't otherwise see him on-stage.