Jay Bennett palace acoustic version

I’m a recent convert to Jays brilliant solo stuff.... actually got into it via titanic love affair (who are amazing!).

just got the palace at 4am vinyl release and love that as well. I’ve heard however that there was an acoustic version? Anyone able to help me find a copy?

determined to have all his stuff (so far I’ve got TLA, No charisma, majesty’s request, Magnificent, whatever happened and kicking)

59 minutes ago, Rockbus said:

I’m a recent convert to Jays brilliant solo stuff.... actually got into it via titanic love affair (who are amazing!).

just got the palace at 4am vinyl release and love that as well. I’ve heard however that there was an acoustic version? Anyone able to help me find a copy?

determined to have all his stuff (so far I’ve got TLA, No charisma, majesty’s request, Magnificent, whatever happened and kicking)

I believe you are talking about Palace 1919. Doesn't look like it's streaming, unfortunately. No copies on Discogs at the moment but worth keeping an eye on this page: https://www.discogs.com/Jay-Bennett-Edward-Burch-Palace-1919/release/1912467

10 minutes ago, TCP said:

I believe you are talking about Palace 1919. Doesn't look like it's streaming, unfortunately. No copies on Discogs at the moment but worth keeping an eye on this page: https://www.discogs.com/Jay-Bennett-Edward-Burch-Palace-1919/release/1912467

Yep, that’s it....already got a discog saved search for anything Jay related 😉

On 10/6/2020 at 3:17 PM, TCP said:

I had Palace 1919 and it is freaking amazing, but it was stolen and I never made a digital copy.  

29 minutes ago, KevinG said:

I had Palace 1919 and it is freaking amazing, but it was stolen and I never made a digital copy.  

Damn, that’s bad luck!

was really hoping someone on here may have been able to share a copy (I promise I’ll buy one if I can!)

Rockbus and KevinG, I can help you out just as soon as I figure out where I've put that cd! Was just listening the other day so it can't be far...I'll send you a pm when I find it.

You are going to love the Jay Bennett documentary being completed by filmmaker Gorman Bechard, who is one of our members. It's called "Where Are You, Jay Bennett?" and is a beautiful and moving look at his life and music. It features many of those closest to Jay, including his mom and brother, and songwriting & touring partner Edward Burch.

Today's Question of the Day: What was Jay Bennett's favorite childhood book? 
You'll have to see the film because I won't give the answer away, but trust me, it's perfect. :lol It could BE no other book!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 6:45 AM, kidsmoke said:

You are going to love the Jay Bennett documentary being completed by filmmaker Gorman Bechard, who is one of our members. It's called "Where Are You, Jay Bennett?" and is a beautiful and moving look at his life and music. It features many of those closest to Jay, including his mom and brother, and songwriting & touring partner Edward Burch.

I hope this documentary and the RSD Palace vinyl reissue somehow triggers some sort of process to make Jay's last two albums more widely available. I know Kicking At The Perfumed Air got a limited CD release, but Whatever Happened, I Apologize was only available on RockProper - a website that has been taken offline long ago. Would be great to have those albums available on streaming services or Bandcamp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello, I used to have Jay Bennett, Edward Burch – Palace 1919 CD but lost it in a move. I have the want list saved on Discogs but was hoping someone might be able to help with a digital version. I have the 2002.05.16 - St. Paul, MN concert as mp3s if anyone is interested. Thanks,

gary