Now Playing 2023

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife is away at our oldest’s in FL since the 21st to help with some health issues. I was feeling alone and my favorite song to dance to played. I danced, smiling. I feel better now.

Posted Images

On 12/12/2023 at 9:33 AM, Oil Can Boyd said:

Wow - I listened to that a ton for a long period but haven't put it on in years.  I'll give it a listen.  

When you do, let me know how it holds up for you.

17 hours ago, PopTodd said:

When you do, let me know how it holds up for you.

To me the first Big Audio Dynamite is one of those albums that brings me back to a very specific time and place.  I was 20, taking time off from college, living in my first apartment.  I had a cassette (which dates myself) with this album on one side and REM's Reckoning on the other, and I spent a lot of time walking around with my Walkman, trying to figure things out.  Just listened and I still like it.  The Bottom Line, E=MC2, Medicine Show - so good!      

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

To me the first Big Audio Dynamite is one of those albums that brings me back to a very specific time and place.  I was 20, taking time off from college, living in my first apartment.  I had a cassette (which dates myself) with this album on one side and REM's Reckoning on the other, and I spent a lot of time walking around with my Walkman, trying to figure things out.  Just listened and I still like it.  The Bottom Line, E=MC2, Medicine Show - so good!      

Well said. Besides, I'm a sucker for anything and everything with Clash fingerprints.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chez said:

Hooray for Tuesday - Wikipedia

LOVE this record!

Especially the title track. Have you seen the Elephant 6 documentary?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PopTodd said:

LOVE this record!

Especially the title track. Have you seen the Elephant 6 documentary?

Watched it last weekend and loved it. Then went out and bought The Minders album.

On 9/16/2023 at 5:30 AM, chuckrh said:

The concert from San Francisco 1971 is amazing. Think Live at Leeds meets Who's Next.

3587307-The-Who-Whos-Next-_-Life-House-S

I am waiting on the price to drop even more. But I do really want this set. Been listening to it via Spotify, since it was released.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, calvino said:

I am waiting on the price to drop even more. But I do really want this set. Been listening to it via Spotify, since it was released.

Ya, sadly it's too rich for my blood. The only kind of pricey things I've got this year was the Flaming Lips Yoshimi box which was a screaming deal & the Beck, Bogert, Appice  live set. That one I cheated as my goddaughter gave me a gift certificate last Christmas that mostly covered it. 

• Chez locked this topic