• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We Had a Little Real Estate Problem: The Unheralded Story of Native Americans & Comedy by Kliph Nesteroff

And I'm hoping to get his new one for Christmas:

Outrageous: A History of Showbiz and the Culture Wars by Kliph Nesteroff

Recommendation for fans of music biographies, or true-life mystery (it's on a bunch of end-of-year Best lists):

To Anyone Who Ever Asks: The Life, Music, and Mystery of Connie Converse by Howard Fishman

And for seasonal funsies, YA-ish Christmas-y rom-com (heavy on the rom) short stories:

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 10:42 PM, Oil Can Boyd said:

58784475.jpg

I am not a gamer but I really enjoyed this book.  

Very enjoyable book. I didn't know anyone still wrote books in that hysterical realism style, but glad to find they do.

I don't think you need to be a gamer, I would say I have not really been one for about 25 years but I've still kept an interest in what is going on and picked up a controller occasionally. The detail of game development is part of what makes it such a richly detailed world. There were a few things in it where I thought if you didn't know games you would probably want to have a google to figure out what the characters were talking about!