Return of the RSBF thread

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Laminated Kat

He showed up at the Launchpad here in Albuquerque late Friday night for a surprise gig. I found out about it yesterday. The Launchpad is really small so I am sure everyone went nuts.

784644844_l.jpg

135471333_1c75aa865d.jpg?v=0

I'm sorry. I can't help it. The Chris Thile still makes me all swoony.

(If you're interested in seeking out some more MySpace-related tunes, he and his solo effort compatriots -- the How To Grow A Band -- do a pretty swinging version of the White Stripes' Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground. Here. Ophelia is nice too. M. Chris and I have listened to each many times.)

Fakeliz a few more times than M. Chris. :lol

:blush :wub

I can't wait for this album.

See? It's not just me. The boy is fooking brilliant. M.Chris agrees, and she's far less biased than I...

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw them last week in Detroit and so I'm still smitten with primarily their music, but I did not realize just how handsome they were, too. :blush If you haven't seen the "Making of Garden Ruin" which is streaming for free on line, check it out for some live action.

http://www.cityslang.com/ecards/calexico/e-card_eng.html

(click on the words "making of" at the bottom of the picture)

calexico5.jpg

Nice job on the av, Rosie!

I just bought the new 3-disc GP Rhino release for the extra disc of alternate versions etc, and we listened to it on the way to the Wilco show in London, ONT, Saturday night. Fantastic. It inspired awe and silence on more than one occasion.

Plus, I also bought the DVD documentary, but haven't had time to watch it yet, and I'm dying to see it!

Can't get enough GP lately. It's nice that there's some new stuff right now, but ... we know just how short that supply is in the big picture. :(