• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - here is one I did not know about until not to long ago:

What movie features a scene that was filmed very near where the band Lynyrd Skynyrd is shown in the photograph on their first album cover?

Mo played here where I live back on the early 90s (I think) - and in an interview mentioned where she worked.

I almost got to attend Mo's "RnR Hall of Fame party". The local newspaper said it was being held at a pizza restaurant in Douglasville, GA, and it was open to the public. Some friends and I drove to Douglasville (only a 20 mile journey) and started asking people at a gas station if they knew where the pizza place was. Nobody knew of the place, so we somehow found the phone number of the restaurant and they told us they were in Douglas, GA, not Douglasville. Douglas, GA is a four+ hour drive, and the party was already in progress, so we were out of luck.

What is the significance of this house?

woodland-hills-house.jpg

I'll reveal the answer to this one at 5 pm eastern if it hasn't been answered correctly by then.

I can't imagine that many people here know Rough Trade? I can't answer the question (was it something dirty?) but I did see a copy of the Rough Trade Direct to Disc album in the Salvation Army the other day.

It was billed as their final show ever. CBC crews were there to make a tv special of it. The curtain went up in flames at one point, but the show continued after an awkward pause. I was really inebriated, danced in front of the stage most of that night. Thankfully I never saw the film footage of this.

I'll reveal the answer to this one at 5 pm eastern if it hasn't been answered correctly by then.

Sometimes I can't see images that are posted here - this is one. Can you post a link?

Although on second thought, if you post a link, I will probably be able to figure out the answer so forget it.

Here are the original paintings - name the 1980s albums that spoofed/recreated them.

Manet_Dejeuner_sur_lherbe.jpg

medus12.jpg

Bow Wow Wow: (I don't know the name of the album)

bow_wow_wow.jpg

Pogues: Rum, Sodomy and the Lash.

The%20Pogues%20Rum%20Sodomy%20and%20the%20Lash.jpg

:blush sorry, that was a clue for the standells question. :innocent

but funny answers

edit....Little Feat

Lowell George?

Or Robert Fripp...he's a tiny little man, so I assume he has little feet.

Who was John Cale's backing band on his orchestral pop masterpiece Paris,1919?