Impossible Germany request

no one has this yet? i find that hard to believe knowing how committed we are here at vc. so if someone would be so kind as to post it whenever it is availble, please do.

There's a FLAC posted on another thread...

Impossible Germany MP3: (link pulled by request)

Big thanks to the person who uploaded the FLAC copy! The song has a bit of a Panthersesque, dad-rock vibe 'til it makes its way to the solo, where it becomes Nels's greatest contribution to Wilco. Seriously. Wow. I hope they tweak up the verses a bit and blow this fucker up on the next record. Overall I'd say it's the first "capital-G Great" song of the half-dozen or so new ones they've been playing.

(PM me if you can't do the FLAC thing. I don't see that it makes any sense to keep this from people on dialup or who like to enjoy their iPod dealies.)

Edited by TheMaker
Impossible Germany MP3: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...66B9FBC3F5A911E

Big thanks to the person who uploaded the FLAC copy! The song has a bit of a Panthersesque, dad-rock vibe 'til it makes its way to the solo, where it becomes Nels's greatest contribution to Wilco. Seriously. Wow. I hope they tweak up the verses a bit and blow this fucker up on the next record. Overall I'd say it's the first "capital-G Great" song of the half-dozen or so new ones they've been playing.

thank you so much. i am so excited for the new record.

ULF!!! I can't believe you are still around, old friend.

Hi Narz,

Yes I am, not so often as in former times, but some times. How are you , whats about your own music (Your band) ? Its really great, how times has changed, since I met the Wilco community. All the Letters, I ve sent and received to and from usa in times of old school CDR-trading. Later came the shows via bittorrent and now we have "You send it" an one gets nearly every song in hours. We really live "in a future age".

all best, Ulf

I really don't understand the references to Impossible Germany as a "jam band" song. I think it's a wonderful song. Although I must admit, as I was sitting on the patio last night, playing along with it on the headphones, I kept wanting to hear pat with a subdued hammond organ. Not trying to be so arrogant as to tell the band how to make the song, but, well, that would make the song better... :P :P :P