there's a restaurant in the neighborhood where, on sundays especially, lots of young hip urban families would go to, and their offspring would make such incredible messes with their one blueberry pancake or tofu scramble, and after they would leave the waitstaff would take out the broom and mop and there would be a ring of dismantled breakfast around the baby seat. Anyway, one day, after a particularly messy child had departed, the owner took the wooden baby seat out to the sidewalk and smashed it all to pieces and then came in and said "from now on, kids leave their mess on parents laps" and never again was there a baby seat in that dining room. Everyone cheered.

That's the lamest thing i've heard in a while.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once mine were grown, I had considerably less tolerance for having

to listen/deal with OPK in restaurants, etc.

Lamer than the fact that your kids can't walk on their own yet? I think not.

Enabler...

What's worse than a stroller, a twin/double stroller. Using up all that sidewalk space, it's bullshit.

I bet he's even got a dvd player built into his.

:lol that's me, usually whistling "Turkey in the Straw". God knows why.

But my kids are with you on this one.

:lol Let me clarify:

Whistling while walking down the street = okay.

Whistling for a captive audience (e.g. crowded elevator) = not okay.

I would imagine the "lame" referred to the owner acting like an idiot and the other customers applauding his/her idiotic behaviour. But that's just a guess.

and a good guess at that. I'm all for making a little effort to try and clean up after your kid...but kids are messy, those people did pay to eat there and i'm going to guess that it wasn't quite the monumental task to clean up after them that the owner needed to Rage Against the Machine and all.

I guess have an arbitrary annoyance over a thread full of nothing but arbitrary annoyances. Oh no. :omg

I guess have an arbitrary annoyance over a thread full of nothing but arbitrary annoyances. Oh no. :omg

And yet, you're the #2 poster in here, with eight posts. Way to avoid this thing that's annoying you so much, Analogman.

And yet, you're the #2 poster in here, with eight posts. Way to avoid this thing that's annoying you so much, Analogman.

:lol and roughly half of them jokes about hitler and/or hogan's heroes. could you count how many posts I had in the NP thread as well? i'm just curious what kind of numbers i'll need to post up with to become the #1 POSTER IN THERE.

spending an awful lot of time in a thread you claim to hate.

:lol yes, it took up my entire day yesterday and my e-hate for it turned my Wednesday into a Monday. You should take my high horse out to the sidewalk and smash it all to pieces and then post "from now on, kids leave their mess on parents laps". I

:lol yes, it took up my entire day yesterday and my e-hate for it turned my Wednesday into a Monday. You should take my high horse out to the sidewalk and smash it all to pieces and then post "from now on, kids leave their mess on parents laps". I
:lol and roughly half of them jokes about hitler and/or hogan's heroes. could you count how many posts I had in the NP thread as well? i'm just curious what kind of numbers i'll need to post up with to become the #1 POSTER IN THERE.

9 posts. Welsh Rich is in front with 40 so you have a ways to go.

Here's something that's a pet peeve of mine: People with an undeserved sense of entitlement.

Wait just a goddamned minute here, I'm an American and was born to entitlements. Take your commie-fascist thoughts over to the Coldplay board. :realmad