If I did and they could walk I would destroy every stroller I owned and tell the kid that daddy and mommy couldn't afford a stroller any more.

A couple we're friends with who have 3 young kids have told them from the get-go that when they hear the music of the ice cream truck it means they're all out of ice cream. Kids are very malleable.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball bobblehead
A couple we're friends with who have 3 young kids have told them from the get-go that when they hear the music of the ice cream truck it means they're all out of ice cream. Kids are very malleable.

that is the best trick ever!

people eating ribs in public.

speaking to machines (voicemails, drive thru voice boxes, etc).

people entering the freeway who don't merge in the correct spot and instead drive as far as they possibly can on the shoulder of the road and THEN merge. i'd like to punch them all in the neck.

this morning, i was going down the escalator at the station and these crusty old hags in front of me were blocking the way.... stand on left, walk on right is the rule. then, in macedonian one said to the other "isnt it funny when you stand like this and the people behind cant get through, ha ha?"

SO, understanding the language, i replied in macedonian "no it not - get a move on"

that shut them up and turned their faces red :thumbup

drivers who don't pay attention. As a pedestrian, cyclist and driver, this is annoying. That and when people don't go the speed limit. I don't care if they go over, just please at least go the number it says on the sign.

this morning, i was going down the escalator at the station and these crusty old hags in front of me were blocking the way.... stand on left, walk on right is the rule. then, in macedonian one said to the other "isnt it funny when you stand like this and the people behind cant get through, ha ha?"

SO, understanding the language, i replied in macedonian "no it not - get a move on"

that reminds me of the david sedaris story in Me Talk Pretty One Day where he was on the train in Paris and some American tourists were talking about him about how all Parisians were pick-pockets and he was trying to steal from them hhaha. that one was one of my favorites.

that is great.

another: people who honk really loud at you when you're running. they think it's encouragement, but seriously, you just scare the shit outta us.

another: people who honk really loud at you when you're running. they think it's encouragement, but seriously, you just scare the shit outta us.

You sure they're not honking for you to get the hell out of the street?

Usually, the obnoxious drive-by honk is related to the person in the car thinking "Hey! Check out that sexy thing out jogging! If I beep the horn, he/she'll know that on my brief drive by him/her I thought they were hot looking."

You sure they're not honking for you to get the hell out of the street?

Usually, the obnoxious drive-by honk is related to the person in the car thinking "Hey! Check out that sexy thing out jogging! If I beep the horn, he/she'll know that on my brief drive by him/her I thought they were hot looking."

We were exercising proper running technique, meaning we run on the left side of the street, so we (in the words of our cross country coach), at least get to see the license plate of those about to hit us. The people today came from behind and honked monstrously loud. I knew who they were, but I think they were honking at someone else in our group. Or just at the general hotness of our group.

the same 3 / 4 / 5-year-old kids in strollers

You don't have kids, do you?

My mom raised five kids, and is actively involved with raising her three grandkids, and I suspect she'd be with Dude on this one.

that is great.

ha.. i remember a story our supervisor told us. he was riding his bike along the side of the road and a car was going beside him. it honked the horn and at the same, the guy in the passenger side (non pun intended) leaped half his body out the window and screamed BOO!... it made my supervisor fall off his bike :lol

i gotta find these people and buy them a :beer

Anyway, another pet peeve: People with the hyphenated last name when they get married. What happens when the offspring get married and do the same thing? And then their kids do it, too? See where I'm going with this?

Boy, you're gonna catch some shit from Ryan Jefferson Starship Double Album Adams.

Anyway, another pet peeve: People with the hyphenated last name when they get married. What happens when the offspring get married and do the same thing? And then their kids do it, too? See where I'm going with this?

Keep your given last name or take the dude's name, but stop created tongue-twisters for the rest of us because you can't decide or you want to retain some sense of self by clinging to your last name or whatever. If nothing else, think about the damn kids.

Well, hopefully that only offended a handful of people.

The kids don't automatically take the hyphenated name. Example, my sister in law hyphenates her name, my niece has my brother's last name.

My mom raised five kids, and is actively involved with raising her three grandkids, and I suspect she'd be with Dude on this one.

We can barely keep our one year old in a stroller...I'd imagine sedatives and duct tape would be needed to get the 4 year old to stay in one. But there are enough situations I can picture in which someone might need to push their kid around (as opposed to carrying them) that I find it difficult to get worked up about it to the point that I'd consider it a pet peeve.

P.S. I hope for your mom's sake that this siding with the Dude thing is an anomaly. ;)

People whistling in public. What makes you think any of us want to hear your little song??

:lol that's me, usually whistling "Turkey in the Straw". God knows why.

But my kids are with you on this one.

Their, There and They're.

And people who have the audacity to use strollers.

We can barely keep our one year old in a stroller...I'd imagine sedatives and duct tape would be needed to get the 4 year old to stay in one.

We keep a strong supply of chloroform at all times. Sneaking up behind the unruly child with a soaked rag cupped over their mouth while whispering "sleep, my precious" usually works wonders. Be careful, though, it can be lethal.

I've got 4 and 6 year old boys and I couldn't imagine pushing even the 4 yr. old in a stroller these days. First, it would be a little tedious since he's not real light anymore (not to mention the hassle of loading/unloading the stroller in/out of the car).

Second...what the hell? You're 4 yrs. old. Walk.

I'll piggy-back them or give them shoulder rides if we're doing a decent amount of walking, but for the most part we know their limits.

Pet Peeve: folks who get dogs and then leave them tied to a chain in the back yard for their lives and then yell at the dog when it's barking. Fuckers need therapy.

:D Similar but different: I was in a pub in Prague on New Years Eve once with my wife. I could hear the two Irish guys on the other side of the pub table discussing my chances of pulling this Czech bird. I spoke to them in the end and we had a laugh over it.

Oh, and pet peeves - mens socks with a diamond pattern on the ankle, and keychains worn on belts, and people who walk too slowly.