Yeah, I like it - got the official promo through on Fri, just a pain I can't rip it for my iTunes or iPod...rubbish.

Definitely sticks with the vibe of Wildflower and it's a bit of a grower, there's a couple of duffers on it, but good. Still nothing truely great on it though and found the production a touch bland...

yep yep, really friggin' great too

makes me forget how bland Last DJ & Echo were

It is good but I don't think it is as good as those. I must be the only one in the world who loved Last DJ and Echo! The final track on Last DJ is just fantastic.

The Last DJ pretty much sucked, sorry, and i'm a pretty big Petty apologist. The sentiment and concept of it were great, but the songs just bored me to death other than maybe 2 songs. Echo had a few great songs, but overall was just really bland.

how many times have you heard this new one yet? if you just downloaded it, keep listening. have been listening a bunch since it leaked late Friday night, it only gets better.

echo is a classic. dont understand the hate for it. i know petty doesn't like it because it was during a bad time in his life but its great. new album is a rehash...nothing too exciting imo.

guess we'll have to beg to differ on both of those records then :thumbup

yep yep, really friggin' great too

makes me forget how bland Last DJ & Echo were

that statement couldn't be less true. both of those albums are great. Echo is so sad, and the lyrics are so meaningful and important, and probably hard for him to even sing. anybody who doesn't "get it"... i feel very sorry for.

that statement couldn't be less true. both of those albums are great. Echo is so sad, and the lyrics are so meaningful and important, and probably hard for him to even sing. anybody who doesn't "get it"... i feel very sorry for.

that statement cannot be "true" or "false", ever hear of personal opinion?

just like your OPINION that Jay is a better guitarist than Nels, you're more than entitled to it.

been a pretty big fan of Petty all of my life but those ones save for a couple songs on each just didn't hold my interest enough to warrant many listens. there's nothing to "get", i don't care if it's sad or if the lyrics are meaningful/important. Petty's never been one that i come to for great lyrics honestly.

echo is a classic. dont understand the hate for it.

Totally. Lots of great songs on Echo. "Lonesome Sundown" and "One More Day, ONe More Night" are two of his best ballads. There's also no shortage of fun pop-rock tunes on there. "Accused of Love", "This Ones for Me" come to mind. No shortage of straight rock and roll, either, and some blistering lead guitar on "Room at te Top". Pretty much everything you could hope for from a Tom Petty record.

Wildflowers has good songs, but to my ears it suffers in a big way from Steve Ferrone's heavyhanded drumming (maybe it's just mixed too loud). T.P. says he's STILL struggling to get that guy up to speed (thought I think Ferrone did a fine job on Echo) . I think the session dude that played on the "She's The One" album did a better job of fitting in with Tom's sound.

Wildflowers has Tom's all time worst song: "Cabin Down Below".

also, whoever said they hated Echo? i just said that save for a few songs it didn't hold my interest too much. i haven't really hated any Petty record.

and i like Cabin Down Below, was fun live in St. Paul