• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double Vinyl is also out today!

Do you think the First Ave show will sell out?

I was just gonna show up on Sunday night and hope for the best. :pray

Me: Did you guys get the new Golden Smog album in today?

Cd guy: No - I didn't think anyone would buy it. I forgot about you. You like that weird music. Do you want me to order it?

Me: :hmm

the best track, Murphy's 'Hurricane', is towards the end, but i like the whole thing. then again it sounds like a Kraig solo record for the most part and i love his solo stuff.

exactly. it definitely helps if you like kraig's music, which i love

i'm w/ Essox on this one, it is a really great debut record and they're a lot of fun live.

maybe if you don't like MMJ, The Shins, Built To Spill, or Mercury Rev, the 4 bands they remind me of most...

i'm w/ Essox on this one, it is a really great debut record and they're a lot of fun live.

maybe if you don't like MMJ, The Shins, Built To Spill, or Mercury Rev, the 4 bands they remind me of most...

that's just it, they remind me too much of other bands. bands that I think are a lot better.

honestly, even though they're not amazing live, they blow the shit out of The Shins live IMO.

every band sounds like another band, and often not as good, so i don't really take much stock in that i guess. The Funeral is still one of my favorite songs of the year hands down.

every band sounds like another band, and often not as good, so i don't really take much stock in that i guess.

that's fine, you don't have to. :cheers

no back on topic, Another Fine Day is a great rockin' album.

Does anybody else notice a slight similarity between the opening to "Beautful Mind" and the opening of "IATTBYH," particularly at about the 90-second mark? I like it.