Marah - live at Schubas

Was able to check out the "acoustic" set last night. Great show (albeit entirely too short). They were playing a full-band show later that night which I wasn't able to stick around for. These guys are one of the best live acts in the business. Sure seems like we don't here enough about them. When I see them, I feel like I am watching the Stones in their prime.

Go see these guys.

If I hadn't started my Marah listening career with that Float Away album, maybe I'd feel the same way. As it stands, I've been too scared to give them a second chance.

:D and I wouldn't blame you. That album really is piss poor. "Kids in Philly" and "If You Didn't Laugh..." would change your mind though. And, as Solace mentioned, go see 'em.

Guest baseball bobblehead

i saw Marah open for Steve Earle several years ago and have been a fan ever since. i have no idea why these guys aren't gigantic.

They shall be playing Smiths Olde Bar on September 13. I`m driving down from asheville; you have to see this band.

I leave Atlanta and go back to my humble confines in Iowa exactly one month before that. I think it was the June show that I must have been thinking of.

If I hadn't started my Marah listening career with that Float Away album, maybe I'd feel the same way. As it stands, I've been too scared to give them a second chance.

They're fan-fuckin'-tastic live, plus, now there's this.

TG and I taped the accoustic show. I was really impressed. I can see how they are better in person than on record, but I have not heard their records.

There are lots of groups out there that should be bigger than they are, but is nice to know great groups like this can still be seen at places like Schubas.

LouieB

How'd I miss you? I saw a blond haired guy taping the show. Great show though. What are you guys going to do with the tape. Is that the DVD that they kept referring to?
There were three of us doing it for Glorious Noise. I was mostly manning the stationary camera in the back, so I was standing on the bench by the soundboard. TG was up on the right in front and John, the guy who does the editing was taping from midway back on teh side on the bench. The longhaired guy was in the front and NOT with us.

There will be excerpts of the show on Glo No I think, but what do I know. It was fun and it appeared that we got good footage.

I recall that we have met, but I don't specifically remember you at the show.

LouieB

There will be excerpts of the show on Glo No I think, but what do I know. It was fun and it appeared that we got good footage.

Sounds very cool, Lou. Looking forward to seeing this. :dancing

i saw Marah open for Steve Earle several years ago and have been a fan ever since. i have no idea why these guys aren't gigantic.

I was hooked the same way. Live. Opening for Steve Earle around 1998 at Pearl St. in Northampton MA. That first album was so great. Been a fan ever since. I got my ass busted heavily for saying they blew S.E. off the stage. All I could say was you hadda been there. My memory still says it's true. B)

:worship

I was hooked the same way. Live. Opening for Steve Earle around 1998 at Pearl St. in Northampton MA. That first album was so great. Been a fan ever since. I got my ass busted heavily for saying they blew S.E. off the stage. All I could say was you hadda been there. My memory still says it's true. B)

Saw them Thursday in Springfield when they opened for The Bottle Rockets. They blew them away as well. Short but ferocious set. These guys are the real deal.

Well, I first got into Marah when they opened for the Bottle Rockets about 8 years ago. Seeing as how they are still opening for the Bottle Rockets, that's got to be some sort of proof. Hell, the Bottle Rockets are underrated. Marah is severely F#@@ing underrated.