This months UNCUT magazine

So... since it's "face lift" a couple of months ago UNCUT has gone to the absolute dogs.

This month is the worst yet; there's hardly anything in it, the reviews are poorly written and very bland and I've got a feeling this is the last month I'll buy it.

Anyone else feeling the same away? I've started buying Harp magazine and stopped buying Mojo years ago as it went through the same problem...

Is there now no written music media that's any cop??

Rich,

I just want to say that I quite enjoy reading your posts for the english slang. "absolute dogs" and "any cop"... It gives this poor white kid from Indianapolis now living in Dallas, Texas a little culture. :)

Thanks,

Narz

The only reason I still buy uncut is for the cd (it's a good way of testing the water with a band, although they have been pretty poor recently) and also they generally like the same albums I do, which is often not the case with online sites such as pitchfork. If they give an album 5 stars, I'll generally think it is good too, whereas, again, that is often not the case with online sites.

Anyway, what did they give the new dylan album? That's all I want to know for this month.

Rich,

I just want to say that I quite enjoy reading your posts for the english slang. "absolute dogs" and "any cop"... It gives this poor white kid from Indianapolis now living in Dallas, Texas a little culture. :)

Thanks,

Narz

"This is a public service announcement" :lol

Glad I can be of service!!

Anyway, what did they give the new dylan album? That's all I want to know for this month.

5 Stars!

Rich,

Thanks,

Narz

I'd like to chime in and submit that while I don't say 'bollocks', that I frequently use the phrase 'holy balls!' when registering shock over something. Keeping it real for my brothers in the coalition of the willing!

My wife is an anglophile, super Britpop fan so I have to endure hours of Blur, movies, books and films about Britain, and a host of other UK-centric stuff.

Jethro, my old lady likes Kelly Clarkson and Project Runway...things could be worse.

I frequently use the phrase 'holy balls!' when registering shock over something.

Holy balls, so do I! It always makes my wife's eyes roll, which might be part of the appeal.

She's not really into Kelly Clarkson, but she did buy that first Clay Aiken CD, watches The View, and makes a point to see that reality show with that Brady Bunch survivor. But she likes Wilco.

So... since it's "face lift" a couple of months ago UNCUT has gone to the absolute dogs.

This month is the worst yet; there's hardly anything in it, the reviews are poorly written and very bland and I've got a feeling this is the last month I'll buy it.

Anyone else feeling the same away? I've started buying Harp magazine and stopped buying Mojo years ago as it went through the same problem...

Is there now no written music media that's any cop??

Ive been thinking of cancelling my subscription for a few months now. But, every month I give it the benefit of the doubt and stick with it as its the only music mag thats british that I actually like. But this month is utter garbage - the cobbled together feel may have something to do with them scrapping an entire issue and coming up with a new one after Syd Barrett died. Its no excuse for the reviews though.

NME is the worst music rag in the world. You could argue Spin, Rolling Stone or other magazines like them but they no longer pretend they are significant. NME still pretends that are something more than a tabloid and pop culture magazine. Besides, their readers poll reflects a very young and uninformed audience.

NME is the worst music rag in the world. You could argue Spin, Rolling Stone or other magazines like them but they no longer pretend they are significant. NME still pretends that are something more than a tabloid and pop culture magazine. Besides, their readers poll reflects a very young and uninformed audience.

Word. I still flip through it @ the record store, but it's in the same way i'll flip through a copy of US. Total junk food.

Agreed - I bought it the other week as I needed to break in a note at the newsagents and was shocked at how bad it was... the reviews just didn't say anything and the interviews were more about style and haircuts than what the band stood for... but then perhaps that's WHAT the band's in there stand for now...

:yes $5 for 200 pages worth of great interviews and articles and about fifty million record reviews. I think it's the best music mag around.

Yeah, I've picked that up a couple of times, not a bad read at all. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it, the Borders in Cambridge sometimes has it.