Summerteeth demos

Got a hold of 'em and have given it a quick once through. Not as varied as the YHF Demos, but still interesting nonetheless.

I really appreciate being privy to Wilco's writing process. They are really open to us in that aspect what with all the demos, EPs and documentaries.

I like them, but it took time for me to appreciate them. My first impression was that they seemed sort of musically stagnant, as though the additional layers of keyboards and whatnot were going to provide texture and variety to the music. At first, some of the songs just seemed to be stuck in first gear musically. Lyrically, however, the words remain as brilliant and disturbing as always.

Whenever they pop up on my ipod, I usually stop and listen to listen to the little variations between the demos and the official releases.

From what I recall the ST demos contained fewer keyboards and synths, then again I haven't listened to them in some time (i.e., downloaded them 1.5 to 2 yrs ago).

Same here. I think most of the product from the demos was recorded in Austin, TX while a lot of the synth overly-produced sound (which I love) was recorded in Chicago with just Jeff and Jay. I think I read that in the book. It's been at least a year since I read the book though.

Guest tandylacker

The demos are definitely worth it. I can seed one up on the torrent site if you want. I think they kind of seound like the Being There version of Summerteeth. Maybe I'm wrong... I don't know. She's A Jar minus the loud harmonica is great!

The demos are definitely worth it. I can seed one up on the torrent site if you want. I think they kind of seound like the Being There version of Summerteeth. Maybe I'm wrong... I don't know. She's A Jar minus the loud harmonica is great!

not forgetting excellent versions of My darling and Via chicago