the law and order thread

I've never been a regular viewer of any of the L&O offerings, but I'll tune in L&O Classic and L&O SVU when I need something to veg in front of.

I can't take Criminal Intent, though. D'Onofrio is William Shatner bad.

well, how 'bout best drama show on NBC that comes on tuesday's at 9 starting next week?

Detective_Robert_Goren_-_Vincent_D

swoon :wub

I've never been a regular viewer of any of the L&O offerings, but I'll tune in L&O Classic and L&O SVU when I need something to veg in front of.

I can't take Criminal Intent, though. D'Onofrio is William Shatner bad.

:(

his lines to get a bit mono-tone sometimes, have you seen any of his movies though? they are awesomely better...

his lines to get a bit mono-tone sometimes, have you seen any of his movies though? they are awesomely better...

It's not the monotone ... it's the Shatnerian faux intensity. You get the feeling he could pop a blood vessel talking about his favorite flavor of Tootsie Pop.

Mine is cherry, incidentally.

It's not the monotone ... it's the Shatnerian faux intensity. You get the feeling he could pop a blood vessel talking about his favorite flavor of Tootsie Pop.

Mine is cherry, incidentally.

i like cherry too!!

but...

i really believe he is genuinly intense like that about acting, mostly because he went through a very intense acting program when going to school...

I'm with you, Sarah, I like him. About half the time on Criminal Intent though, I'm saying "wait, how did they make the leap to that guy? You mean they tracked him down just from finding that jacket with the funny smell...???"

:hmm

no! it was a great episode. I think it might have even won an emmy. He played this jerk, who in the span of half a day or so, had to come to terms with his immenent demise. ask ction. He'll probably agree (just don't say that i was the one who mentioned it)

no! it was a great episode. I think it might have even won an emmy. He played this jerk, who in the span of half a day or so, had to come to terms with his immenent demise. ask ction. He'll probably agree (just don't say that i was the one who mentioned it)

oh, see i've never seen that show (i'm too young, i think it may have even been on tv when i was 1 year old or so...maybe not even that)

my favorite movie of his is either "happy accident", "naked tango"(not as dirty as it sounds) or "the taking of pelham 123"

I'm with you, Sarah, I like him. About half the time on Criminal Intent though, I'm saying "wait, how did they make the leap to that guy? You mean they tracked him down just from finding that jacket with the funny smell...???"

yeah i know, goren is suposed to be good with that stuff though, because he was in the fbi or something before he got put on the major case squad...

yeah i know, goren is suposed to be good with that stuff though, because he was in the fbi or something before he got put on the major case squad...

Yeah, I understand the "he's a genius" premise, I just think they should make it easier for us non-genius types to follow the plots!

The original L&O is the only one I still watch regularly, though it's definitely slipping the last few seasons (RIP Lenny Briscoe).

Criminal Intent is ok.

However, I despise SVU. The acting of the main characters of that show is plain awful (and I loved that dude when he was on Oz). The writing leaves alot to be desired as well.

Yeah, I understand the "he's a genius" premise, I just think they should make it easier for us non-genius types to follow the plots!

i agree... though now i know season's 1 and 3 backwards and forwards cos of the dvd's....

i'm a little obsessed now i think... :blush

(RIP Lenny Briscoe)

There was a great line a couple of weeks ago. The medical examiner that Lenny was always flirting with mentioned that she'd been to the opera to see Aida a few years ago, and it was the best night of her life. Then she looked at the cops, smiled coyly, and said, "Lenny Briscoe took me."

I like CI and SVU but don't really watch the regular L&O. I love D'Onofrio's character in CI.

Sounds like we're in the minority here,but I agree :thumbup I watch almost NO TV(excepting sports) but I got hooked on CI & it's a shame that Vince is only on every other week now

Law and Order CI is my favorite because of Vincent, I really enjoyed the episodes with his enemy Nicole just the way she could read him like he can read everyone, he found his match with that wicked women. Special Victims Unit comes in second on the Law & Orders, I don't care for the original one. I just hate that CI isn't going to be broadcasted on Sundays anymore, I would watch it and Crossing Jordan I never missed an episode unless it might be an episode with Noth not a big fan of Mr Big.